1. How tall are you barefoot? 5' 8" (since I was 12!)
2. Favorite movies? Go look at the profile again. I'm too tired to list them all....
3. Do you own a gun? Would YOU trust me with a gun??
4. Who is your biggest enemy? Me.
5. Favorite Scent? Beach bonfires. Gardenias. Plumerias.
6. Do you like hot dogs? Yes. Wish I could find a gluten-free one...
7. What's your favorite Christmas song? "The Christmas Song," as sung by Nat King Cole, and "I'll Be Home for Christmas."
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Water, OJ, and then a Starbucks Mocha. Decaf. Nonfat.
9. Do you do push-ups? No. That would be "exercise," and I haven't done much of that lately.
10. Brothers or sisters? One brother, to whom I am not speaking. I'll tell that story one day soon, but the short version is that he has embezzled a large amount of money from our mother. Nice.
11. What's your most liked piece of jewelry? Probably the cheapie watch I found in New York's Chinatown. It's marcasite. And it only cost me 12 bucks! I need to replace the battery, and I think that might cost more than the watch itself.
12. What do you take for pain relief? Aspirin or Aleve. Or vodka. Heh. Or chocolate.
13. What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex? Hahahahahahaha. Surely you jest. I have no weapons. There is no luring.
14. Do you own a knife? Just the ones in my kitchen.
15. Do you have A.D.D.? I don't think HEY, look, something shiny!
16. Middle name? I have one.
17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment ("this moment," being about 12:15 this afternoon).
- How much longer until I can go home?
- Should I heat my lunch up now, or wait another half hour?
- WHAT is that hideous smell in the area of my workstation?? Smells like rancid feet.
18. Name the last 3 things you have bought.
- A mocha
- My share of our latest workplace Lotto tickets (the jackpot is 110 Million bucks!)
- A yummy dinner with a friend. The one who's leaving.
19. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink.
- Ketel One Cosmo
20. What time did you wake up today? 4:55am. Later than usual.
21. Current worry? Everything. Money, career, future...
22. Current hate? My job. Not my job, per se... my... uh... situation at work.
23. Your favorite place to be? On vacation
24. Least favorite place to be? At work
25. Where would you like to go? Everywhere. Italy. Australia. New Zealand. For starters.
26. Do you own slippers? Yes.
27. What shirt are you wearing? Berry-colored tank top, underneath a black jacket-esque kind of thing.
28. Do you burn or tan? Burn first, then tan.
29. Least favorite color? Brown.
30. Would you be a pirate? Heck, yeah. Especially if I get to hang with Johnny Depp. (I know... everyone says that...!)
31. Last time you had an alcoholic drink? Monday. I had many. And they were gooooood.
32. What songs do you sing in the shower? "Fly Me to the Moon," "Where Did Our Love Go," and a Guster song, "Center of Attention."
33. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child? Thunder. I was really afraid of thunder, and anytime we had thunderstorms, I had the same horrible dream.
34. What's in your pockets right now? Lint.
35. Last thing that made you laugh? Uh.... I'm not sure. I'm lucky in that I get to laugh a lot. I'm sure it was something Miss Cheese said this morning. It usually is.
36. Best bed sheets you had as a child? I don't remember having special sheets. Is that weird?
37. Worst injury you've ever had? I once fell through a ceiling and hurt my lower back. I was retrieving a piece of luggage from the attic in the flat in which I was subletting a room one summer and my foot slipped off a beam, and went right through the ceiling. Good times.
38. What is your favorite pet? I'm pretty much a cat person.
39. How many TVs do you have in your house? One.
40. Who is your loudest friend? That's hard to say, as in my crowd, as we're all pretty loud... but this one goes to my friend Anne, the Gupster.
41. Who is your most silent friend? I have no silent friends!
42. Does someone have a crush on you? Ha. No.
43. Do you wish on stars? Yes. I'm still waiting.
44. What is your favorite book? Charlotte's Web.
45. What is your favorite candy? Reese's Peanut Butter cups...but the Trader Joe's version is even better...
46. What song do/did you want played at your wedding? Since I doubt there'll be another one, let's talk about the one I did have: "Love is Here To Stay," my favorite Gershwin song ever. Big mistake, when it all went to shit, and it was years before I could listen to it again without crying...!
47. What song do you want played at your funeral? Who says I want a funeral? Seriously, I've never chosen a funeral song for myself.
48. What were you doing at 12 a.m. last night? Trying to sleep. Between my racing mind and the goddamned fireworks in my neighborhood, it was impossible.
49. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? "Fuck. When is my next day off?"
50. Do you have a favorite charity? I have many.