1. Explain what ended your last relationship? Hahahahahahahahaha.
2. When was the last time you shaved? A week ago. When I last wore a dress.
3. What were you doing this morning at 8 a.m.? Waking up, earlier than I wanted to.
4. What were you doing 15 minutes ago? Reading blogs.
5. Are you any good at math? Hahahahahaha. NO.
6. Your prom night? Which one? I went to three. 1. My junior prom, with my boyfriend at the time. I wore a peach-colored dress. That's more than I really want to remember about that night....OH! Wait. Our theme was "Stairway to Heaven," (???) and at the end of the night, many people were pissed that the band -- a Latin salsa band -- didn't play the song. Like you could dance to it. Sheesh.
2. My senior prom, with the guy I ended up marrying. We weren't dating yet, and I suspect that's why we had a better time than some of our friends did. However, when our group went to the beach for a little after-prom gathering, we nearly got left behind at the hotel where the prom was held. I wore a black dress, and that was considered quite scandalous at my school in the early 80s. It was so much more appropriate for me than the peach thing I wore the year before.
3. The ex-hub's senior prom (he's a year younger than I), and I wore another scandalous black dress. We spent about 45 minutes driving around lost on the grounds of Camp Pendleton, because we'd missed the turn for the Officers' Club. Surprised we didn't get arrested by the MPs.
7. Do you have any famous ancestors? None that I'm aware of.
8. Have you had to take a loan out for school? Luckily, no. Because my dad was in the military, I had VA benefits to help me through college. And I also worked part of the time.
9. Do you know the words to the song on your myspace profile? People my age aren't allowed on MySpace. Or shouldn't be.
10. Last thing received in the mail? A couple of catalogues and my prized Entertainment Weekly.
11. How many different beverages have you had today? Three. Water, OJ, and coffee. Later, there will be wine. Oh yes, there will be wine.
12. Do you ever leave messages on people’s answering machines? Of course. Who doesn't?
13. Who did you lose your CONCERT virginity to? Andy Gibb. Give me a break, I was 13! And my next show, about six months later, was Heart. I hearted them for years. I still heart them.
14. Do you draw your name in the sand when you go to the beach? No.
15. What was the most painful dental procedure you have had? It's called a frenectomy, where the surgeon moves the tissue that connects your upper lip to your gum. It had to be done to accomodate my orthodontia. It hurt like fucking hell.
16. What is out your back door? The trash chute.
17. Any plans for Friday night? Last night? Laundry. Next week? I'm supposed to have drinks with a former co-worker.
18. Do you like what the ocean does to your hair? Not really, but I love the ocean so much, I forgive it.
19. Have you ever received one of those big tins of 3 different popcorns? No. What a weird question.
20. Have you ever been to a planetarium? Yes, many times. Love 'em.
21. Do you re-use towels after you shower? Hell yes!
22. Some things you are excited about? The passing of this election. My upcoming trips for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
23. What is your favorite flavor of JELLO? I don't have one. I don't really eat Jello.
24. Describe your keychain(s)? I have a bajillion keys. I need five for my apartment building alone - garage, mailbox, building front door, and the two locks on MY front door. Two for work -- my office and my boss' office. My car key, my club (as in, anti-theft device) key. And a Holy Grail keychain, from Spamalot.
26. Where do you keep your change? In my wallet. I also have a penny jar at home, and a small piggy bank for other non-penny or quarter (I separate those for laundry and parking meters) change.
27. What kind of winter coat do you own? I have two. The ill-gotten coat
, and this other
one. Mostly I wear jackets, as it doesn't get brutally cold here most of the time.
28. What was the weather like on your graduation day? It rained on my high school graduation, which was, of course, held outdoors. It was the only time that ever happened at my school up to that point. And it was sunny and warm for my college graduation, which was also unusual. Hmm... interesting pattern. Freakish weather at both of my graduations...
29. Do you sleep with the door to your room open or closed? Closed.
30. Did you read this far? Consider yourself tagged! That's the trick! Hahahahahaha. Ha. Yeah.