Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Giving thanks...



  • ...because I finally found the damned thing!

  • *Sigh.

  • I'll be schlepping this, my gluten-free bread and cereal, along with liquids in 3-ounce containers in a plastic baggie on a jet plane tomorrow afternoon for my annual Turkey Day trip to SoCal. (I'm going to great lengths to keep my greasy paws off the magazine until I'm at the airport. You should be impressed by my restraint.)

  • I'm actually going to miss that drive a little. I won't miss the LA traffic clusterfuck, that's for sure. But there's something oddly soothing and fun about a loooong drive on a freeway in the middle of nowhere with lots of great music and an In N Out Burger along the way.

I'll return next week with tales of teen hijinks and something embarassing to tell you about my dear pal Cindy, the sister I never had.


Hope you all have a grand holiday!

10
At 21 November, 2006 22:06, Blogger sassinak said...

dude
i love love drives with tunes and fun and other goodness.

sometimes if they're long enough even music is too much and i'll just open the windows and listen to the world go by.

 
At 22 November, 2006 15:30, Blogger cadbury_vw said...

be safe

i hope your weather is good

enjoy your time

 
At 24 November, 2006 05:44, Blogger DZER said...

another magazine I've got to get my hands on ... and I sooooo miss In and Out! Hope your turkey day was good ...

 
At 24 November, 2006 07:12, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

I didn't know they celebrated Thanksgiving in LA. I thought it was too high-cal for So-cal.

Hope your day was good!

yeharr

 
At 25 November, 2006 12:53, Blogger Blondie said...

Can't wait to hear the stories!

 
At 25 November, 2006 14:28, Blogger Jessica said...

Enjoy your visit into (and out of) my neck of the woods, er ... desert.

 
At 25 November, 2006 22:17, Blogger Jon said...

LA is such a clusterfuck. I am so glad I don't live there.

So tell me a story

 
At 27 November, 2006 14:41, Blogger JMai said...

If I never drive on a California freeway again in my life, I will be a happy girl. I can't even imagine LA traffic. Uck.

Happy T-day, Terry!! I hope you ate a lot of turkey and enjoyed the hell out of that magazine!

 
At 28 November, 2006 00:58, Blogger Pat & Reg said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I know that In and Out Burger! The one between Monterey and San Fran on the 101? Been there, ate that.

 
At 29 November, 2006 17:27, Blogger terry said...

hey, blogger ate a comment or two that i made last week... ON MY OWN BLOG! wtf??

anyway. sass, i agree.

cad, the weather was lovely and the time was enjoyed.

dz, i should have saved the mag and sent it to you! i actually left it on the plane, to share the love.

pirate, it was san diego... where t-day is allowed... but is still expected to be low-cal. whatEVER.

blondie, there's always much silliness to share...

jessica, where do you live? you can be vague... i know socal pretty well, so i might be able to guess, with some hints.

jon, i'm also glad i don't live there. or in san diego.

jmai, just imagine bumper-to-bumper traffic for mile and miles and miles and miles. it's pretty hideous, and i always seem to hit the LA basin at the wrong time...

reg, i'm talking the in n out in kettlemen city, along i-5! it's almost smack dab in the middle of my drive.

damn. now i want a double-double...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->