Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Sunday meme-ing...

She got me again!

Here's the deal:
1. Grab the nearest book. If you are currently reading something, that'll be fine too.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 4 sentences on your Blog along with these instructions.
5. Tag 5 people

The book: Eve Ensler's "Insecure at Last: Losing It In Our Security Obsessed World." (I haven't started it yet, but it IS the nearest book. And I adore her.)

"It hardens them spiritually and psychologically. But if there are no processes or programs through which people can take responsibility for their crimes, admit their guilt, look at what led them to commit those crimes, and release their sorrow and suffering, there is no possibility of change. Not for the prisoners or their victims. I question deeply the value of punishment/retaliation."

Cheery Sunday morning reading, no?

Who am I tagging? After the last trick meme, I'll let you decide if you want to do this one.

See how nice I can be?

6
At 12 November, 2006 15:44, Blogger masgblog said...

thank you for the tag response, and also for visiting my site....100 posts...yikes...how can one find so much to write about???

scary....

 
At 12 November, 2006 16:35, Blogger JMai said...

What a funny meme/tag... I'll have to try it. If only I could find the book that I'm meant to be reading these days...

 
At 12 November, 2006 20:32, Blogger Blondie said...

There are about 1,000 books within reach...how to choose? But a very interesting meme, I must say.

PS: Are you totally drunk on wine right now? I hope so.

 
At 13 November, 2006 09:27, Blogger Natalia said...

Hehe..I just did this one. I mean c'mon, I have piles of books around me and I am reading one or two at any given time. So this was an easy one :)

-N

 
At 13 November, 2006 19:32, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

"Like dreams, these arts are all present information that's on the brink of consciousness. They demonstrate the true relationship between inspiration and perspiration that, as Thomas Edison once observed, creativity (or a calling) is 2 percent illumination and the rest love and discipline. We are each Ulysses, lashed to a mast and ravished by the Siren's song, and we are also his crew, ears plugged for safekeeping, bent over our oars and surely wondering who is the more bereft, Ulysses for having to hear the song or ourselves for being unable to.

All artistic practices, says writer Bhatari Mukherjee are "satellite dishes for hearing the signals the soul sends out,' and each art form individually offers unique combinations to the work of discerning calls."

-Gregg Levov, Callings

yeharr

 
At 14 November, 2006 18:10, Blogger terry said...

masg, time flies, doesn't it??

jmai, i'm embarassed to admit i'm not actually reading ANY book these days. that's just wrong.

nat, i'll have to check it out.

jeez, pirate... that's a hell of a book you're reading!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->