Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Monday, October 30, 2006

The problem with living alone...

... is that when you really need help with something sorta private, you're screwed.

I had to knock on a neighbor's door to ask for help zipping up my dress on Saturday night. I simply couldn't reach it. And I'd forgotten that every other time I've worn this thing (like, in that profile picture!), someone has come to my house before I've gone out in it, so I've had easy assistance with the zippage.

It's the oddest favor I've ever asked a neighbor. The husband was the one who was home, and he laughed, and said he wouldn't tell his wife. I told him he needn't worry, since he was zipping up and not down.

I'm lucky these are people I've known for a looong time. Hell, they've seen me in my PJ's, with bedhead, and they get to enjoy my stylish outfits on laundry day.

Of course, at the end of the night, in my drunken state, I learned I could pull the damned thing over my head, so now I know I don't need zipping help in the future.

Still...

9
At 30 October, 2006 17:37, Blogger Queen of Cheese said...

This sounds like a job for
Man on Call!!!

 
At 30 October, 2006 18:12, Blogger Blondie said...

I've found that putting the dress on backwards, zipping it up, and then cranking it around my body works. But that might not work if you have large ta ta's. I don't have that problem. :)

 
At 30 October, 2006 19:35, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

The great thing about being unfashionable is that all my zippers are within easy reach.

By the way, I wrote a witty and urbane comment on your last post that was eaten by blogger in the exact opposite way you eat a tomato.

Yeharr

 
At 30 October, 2006 21:07, Blogger terry said...

cheese, EXACTLY!!
either that, or i can never wear this dress without you again. you've been my frequent zipper-upper.

blondie, i thought of that, but there's not enough room in the dress for that move.

pirate, who said i was fashionable?
and it's not fair to be a comment tease...

 
At 31 October, 2006 02:26, Blogger The Savage said...

Funny.. I live alone and never have that problem... wait.. I don't have a dress...

 
At 31 October, 2006 10:01, Blogger Natalia said...

ROTFL...I can totally imagine you getting frustrated with the dress and just pulling it over your head...OMG wish we had video of THAT!!!

-N

 
At 31 October, 2006 15:16, Blogger DZER said...

I agree with natalia ... I'm a big fan of dresses coming up over the head ... heh

 
At 31 October, 2006 16:38, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

Hell. I haven't worn a dress in almost two years. The last time was the night I went into labor with Buddha. That dress went over my head AND over my pregnant belly.

 
At 31 October, 2006 18:23, Blogger terry said...

savage, surely you'd LIKE some help with your zipper...

nat, i'm thinking video of that moment wouldn't be so cute.

dz, be careful what you wish for...

bg, my belly resembles a pregnant one...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->