Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Just another random Sunday...

  • I love the end of daylight saving time. Not the early darkness; the extra hour. You wouldn't think that hour would make much difference, but it always seems to. Especially in the spring, when we have to give back that hour. Plus, it's starting to really feel like fall! We've had our Indian Summer over the past few days, which has been great, but the leaves are falling off the trees and getting crunchy, the afternoon light looks different, and soon, people will be firing up their fireplaces at night. I love that aroma. I love fall.

  • That extra hour's especially handy the morning after a media awards dinner where you've had a few cocktails. Though I woke up much earlier than I wanted to, the moment my body stopped processing the alcohol. Note to self: do not switch to vodka drinks late at night, after you've had a fair amount of wine.

  • The weird thing about this awards dinner was sitting at my new employer's table, and not at the table where I'm used to sitting, with people I've known for a bajillion years. It was a little surreal. But my new coworkers have been so nice and so welcoming, it didn't feel as weird as it could have.

  • Our marketing people should not have made me the "official" photographer of the event. They entrusted me with the company's camera, which I was afraid of losing all night long. And I don't even want to look at the wine-infused photos...

  • There was something else I was going to write here, but I think I lost it in some vodka last night.

Oh yeah! I've been tagged! I'm supposed to spell out five weird things about me (and let me tell you, narrowing it down to five is a challenge...).

1. I hate tomatoes. Not tomato sauce. Not ketchup. Tomatoes in their original form. I think it's a texture thing, as there are a lot of fruits and veggies I don't like because of texture issues.

2. When I'm eating something yummy, I like to make sure my last bite is filled with yummyness. I will eat in a pattern so as not to end up with a dry, blah patch of tortilla or bread, for example... or to make sure my last bite of cake has a big heap o'frosting on it. Because what is the point of cake without frosting??

3. I've never smoked pot. Many people don't believe me when I say this, but it's true. I think it goes back to my early adolescence, when I first started going to concerts and couldn't stand the smell of it. Back then, I couldn't imagine smoking something that smelled that bad. Plus, when you have parents who smoke and one dies of cancer, you kinda end up never wanting to smoke anything, ever. Plus, I was kind of a goody-goody, always afraid of getting in trouble.

4. I can't stop listening to that new Dave Matthews Band live CD. I have a ton of new music to enjoy, including the latest album (yeah, I still call them that) from one of my other favorite bands, but I can't seem to get those four discs (four!) out of my CD player in the house or in my car. I LOOOOOVE it...! So. Damn. Good.

5. I am a little obsessive about my fingernails. I get regular manicures, and just hate it when the polish chips in between visits to the salon, so if that happens, I'll sit down and fix it as soon as possible. Actually, since I've been so busy lately, I've let go of that to some degree, but I'll still sit and look at the chipped areas several times a day and feel annoyed (currently, I am chip-free. whew).

Weird enough for ya?

Time for some coffee... Happy Hangover Sunday!

5
At 29 October, 2006 11:36, Blogger Blondie said...

I think I still have a hangover from my Halloween party, so I'm with ya.

 
At 29 October, 2006 11:56, Blogger Michelle said...

I know exactly what you mean on point number 2. Gotta make sure that last bite of something is jsut as yummy as the first one!! hehe I do the same things you do. FUnny!

 
At 30 October, 2006 07:42, Blogger Natalia said...

I do the same about the last bite of yumminess...it makes total sense to me. And I thought I was the only one who did it...ROTFL!

-N

 
At 30 October, 2006 16:40, Blogger terry said...

blondie, i'm still not feeling altogether normal... and it's monday now!

chelle and nat... i am SO happy i'm not alone!!!

 
At 01 November, 2006 13:16, Blogger masgblog said...

Thanks for the tag reference....I am with you on tomatoes, but only if they are heated tomatoes (not as in heated sauce).

Also, I have my Dave Matthews CDs on my iPod...hubby hates him though...
Saw the BNLs many years ago when they were just becoming famous...excellent!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->