Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

No rhyme or reason...

...as I am too damn tired to rhyme or be reasonable. It's been a very hectic few days at work, but the end result of all that hecticity (you like that?) was good, so it was worthwhile. But prepare for a meandering post...

It wasn't easy, but I stopped with the caffeine. That withdrawal headache didn't really subside until Tuesday. Maybe it didn't really subside, but was simply replaced in my nervous system by the pain coming from whatever the fuck I did to my knee in hula class Monday night.

Last year, I fell something like three times in a matter of weeks (stop laughing, Corrals...! I told you about these falls after they happened! you should be done by now!). And all three times, I landed solidly on my left knee. And since those falls, kneeling on that knee (get your mind out of the gutter) on a hard surface often hurts like hell. In class Monday night, I somehow managed to end up on that knee while getting up from the floor, where we'd been seated for the chanting part of the session. And when I woke up Tuesday morning, I felt like I needed a new knee. It's all tight and felt really, really weird. I can't even describe how it felt.

At least I was able to get up on my own. And I don't need a visit from Comfort Hippo. Yet.

But between that and the mild case of plantar fasciitis I seem to have developed in my right foot, I must have looked like a thousand-year-old woman, hobbling to the bathroom first thing in the morning. I was relieved that it felt more normal today, but JEEZ.

I have an urge to purge. No, not food. This is ME, we're talking about, after all...! I want to purge a lot of stuff in my apartment. I've decided I want some new furniture in my living room (although the sofabed isn't going anywhere, mainly because it can't ever leave this apartment. It was hell to get in here. It's big and weighs 10 million pounds.). And a new bed. And to clear all kinds of stuff out of here. You'd think it was spring or something. Over the weekend, I cleared a bunch of crap off my desk and my dining room table. But now I want the whole place looking like that. And I want new stuff to look at and sit on. And sleep on.

The thing is, I must curb that urge or I'll go broke. So I think I'll start small, with some new area rugs. I've been wanting one for my living room for ages, but never seem to be able to find one that I like in my price range. By the way, why the hell are rugs so expensive?? And why do I seem to pick out the most expensive rug in any given place?

Actually, I tend to pick out the most expensive thing anywhere. I can't help my good taste.

Yaay, tomorrow is Margarita Thursday! Which, I'm sure, will be followed by Hangover Friday!

11
At 12 October, 2006 01:02, Blogger DZER said...

So now is not the time
to indulge in rhyme?
And it isn't the season
for logic and reason?

Then shopping is the key
to end a bit of misery.
And margarita finish too?
All deserved by sexy you.

Heh.

 
At 12 October, 2006 12:36, Blogger cadbury_vw said...

was it a hecticalmity at work, or just regular frenetic hectivity?

they make elastic athletic knee brace things with gel pads/rings on the front that would help you avoid the pain of getting up from that knee

http://www.ossur.com/template110.asp?pageid=2471

enjoy your new stuff

with your new job - you deserve a few of the things you have wanted for awhile

you have scrimped long enough

 
At 12 October, 2006 19:11, Blogger masgblog said...

I too am blessed with good taste, as I also have a knack for finding and falling in love with the most expensive thing (you can fill in the blank with just about anything).

Wishing you good luck with the purge.

 
At 12 October, 2006 19:29, Blogger Queen of Cheese said...

ooh! Castoffs!

 
At 12 October, 2006 21:47, Blogger terry said...

dzer, once again, you amaze me. that's excellent!

cad, it was work craziness. and thanks for the vote fo indulgence! i just can't do it all at once.

masg, it's a blessing and a curse, no?

cheese, i'll have to have you over for cocktails and castoffs. i doubt there's any crap you'd want, tho. the breadmaker's still up for grabs...

 
At 12 October, 2006 21:47, Blogger Jon said...

The knee stuff and the foot thing... yikes! Sounds all too familiar. I hope you are still enjoying the margs as I write this.

 
At 13 October, 2006 03:12, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

Report to us! Are you hung over? Do tell! How were the ritas?

Rugs: You don't have a one year old running around your house. Buy the most expensive one. G'head. Let me live vicariously through YOU! (Shit, I can't buy a new rug until he's done throwing food, spitting out food that tastes or feels weird, and leaving sippy cups around the house.)

And show some damn pics! I wanna see the new digs!

 
At 13 October, 2006 05:41, Blogger masgblog said...

terry - it's an expensive cursed blessing! But I love it!

My after-posting-thought was, how can anybody hurt anything in hula??? Yikes!

 
At 13 October, 2006 08:21, Blogger sassinak said...

okay darlin' here's what i think...ready?

get your ass back to pilates stat.

done :)

and you know you can afford it because you're thinking of buying furniture :P

and have a couple of privates to see what's up with the knee/foot especially since they might be connected...

also? i sleep WAY better since i gave up caffeine but i totally sympathise with your love of the black devil.

 
At 13 October, 2006 08:48, Blogger Natalia said...

Awww...sucks about withdrawal...but that means you needed to do it.

I understand the need to purge, really. I was sick yesterday and stayed home and I got a lot done. I cleaned out a lot of crap. And it felt good. The place looks lighter :)

-N

 
At 13 October, 2006 21:01, Blogger terry said...

jon, i was still enjoying the effects of the margs as you wrote that...

buddhagirl, luckily there was no hangover..! i was just very tired after a very busy week. the 'ritas were yummy and the company was fabulous.
and i might not have a little one running around, but i have my own clumsy self to contend with...

masg, you'd be surprised how challenging hula actually is. i was. it's not at all what i expected. and i love it.
and what i did was simply put all my weight on a spot that had been battered a few times before, and it suuuucked.

sass, i AM going back to pilates! i'm still trying to make my life work with my new schedule, and to figure out when i can go. but i'm going, in the next few weeks.
it's funny... i ran into one of my old instructors who now has her own studio a few months ago, and i told her if i ever got a better-paying job, i'd be seeing her. so it's cool i can do that.

nat, it really DOES feel better when you clear stuff out. i'm just too lazy to deal with it most of the time.
sorry you're sick!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->