Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Monday, September 25, 2006

No reason not to like this Monday...

Had a lovely lunch with Shroom, at the Taint... though I neglected to ask him to do his expert Arnie impersonation for me... DAMN.

Had a lovely dinner with Rebecca, at Mystery Bistro... a place we've noticed on our way to hula class each week. It's always got a line out the door, and now we know why. YUM. SO good. And now we also know its name, but I'm still going to call it Mystery Bistro. Bonus: some of the people who work there even speak French! Mais oui!

Note to self: never, ever, EVER, miss another hula class, unless you're at death's doorstep. We both missed last week, and holy shit, it's getting really hard to catch up. Physically AND mentally. My head was spinning and my calves were aching by the end.

And now, it's time for a Monday meme. Stolen from Jon, who stole it from... oh, hell, I don't remember. A bunch of people.

1. What's your opinion on sex without emotional commitment?
I can't imagine having sex with someone I didn't care about, but I'm weird that way.

2. Do you bite your toenails?
Eeeuw, no! I'm not that weird!

3. Are you a jealous person?
Not really.

4. What are you allergic to?
Gluten, penicillin, benzoyl peroxide, and other mysterious things that bug my sinuses.

5. What books, if any, have made you cry?
Oh god. Many. "Little Women." "A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius." Gilda Radner's autobiography. "Bunny Bunny," by Alan Zweibel, which was about his friendship with Gilda. Many more I can't think of right now.

6. Does it get annoying when somebody says they'll call you, but doesn't?
It annoys me when people fail to follow through on a promise, but an occasional missed call is not a big deal.

7. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
It's not technically ice cream, but I'm currently in love with this coconut gelato I found at Rainbow Grocery.

8. If someone you had no interest in dating expressed interest what would you say to them?
Well, often, I've taken the chickenshit route and pretended I was dating someone else.

9. What would you rather be doing right now?
Sitting on a beach in a tropical locale with a yummy cocktail and a good book. Or good company.

10. What song lyrics, if any, are stuck in your head at the moment, if any?
"Can't Stop," Dave Matthews Band. (I can't stop listening to it! Ha ha. No, really. Nor can I stop linking it. It's more for me than it is for you.)

12. What did you dress up as for your first Halloween?
I don't know if it was my first, but I do recall an early Raggedy Ann costume.

13. What's your favorite TV show, now or in the past?
This is a toughie. I guess I'd have to say "Seinfeld." I don't think I quote as regularly from any other show I've ever watched.

14. Do you get along better with the same or opposite sex?
Same, usually. I'm always puzzled by women who say they can't stand other women. WTF? Then again, I've been fortunate to have many fabulous women in my life.

15. Can others make you cry easily?
Depends. Are we talking about art that touches and moves me? Or people being mean? Mean people just piss me off.

16. Who was the last person to piss you off?
Someone mean! Oh. Um... probably someone in a position of authority at my former job.

17. Are you picky about spelling and grammar?
Oh. My. GOD. YES! Have you met me??

18. Do you pay attention to calories on the back of packages?
Sure. Do I do anything about them? Not really. I'm usually paying more attention to the ingredients, to find the gluten. It's like a twisted game of Where's Waldo.

19. If you could be any type of fruit what would you be?
A pineapple. Prickly on the outside, sweet on the inside.

20. Were you a "planned" child?
I have no idea. I'm sure my parents had planned to have more than one (I was their second), as it was expected of their generation. But the specific timing of my arrival? I have no idea whether that was intentional.

21. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
Uh.... I'm no Imelda Marcos, but I do have my share of shoes. How many do I regularly wear? That's a different question... and as my collection grows, that number's rising...

23. How many hours of sleep do you need to function?
I'm okay with 6ish, but try to get at least 7 whenever possible.

24. What is your favorite alcoholic drink?
Depends on the day. My mood. The weather. The location. I'm fond of vodka-based cocktails. Ditto tequila.

25. When was the last time you saw a rainbow?
I can't recall.

26. Have you ever been attracted to someone physically unattractive?
If I was attracted to them, then they weren't unattractive, now were they? At least, not to me. So how can I possibly answer this stupid question?

28. Would you ever date someone covered in tattoos?
Define "covered." It's not something I look for, but ultimately, it doesn't matter.

29. Do you believe that the guy should pay on the first date?
It's not a requirement, but it's really nice.

30. Are you currently wanting any piercings or tattoos?
Yes, a tattoo. But I can't figure out what design I want, or where I'd want it...

31. Which do you make: wishes or plans?
Both.

32. Can you speak any languages other than English?
Je parle un petit peu de Francais. And a teeny bit of Spanish. And now, an even teenier bit of Hawaiian.

33. What is your favorite salad dressing?
Balsamic vinaigrette or a tangy Caesar.

34. Have you ever fooled around with someone and not remembered?
No.

35. Have you ever dated one of your best friends?
No. Well... uh... no. Okay, my ex-husband was a close friend before we were a couple but I was always interested in more than friendship where he was concerned. And since him... uh... well... uh... no.

36. Has anyone told you a secret this week?
Yes. I'm privy to all sorts of confidential information in my new job. And no, I can't share any of it with you.

37. When was the last time someone hit on you?
Friday evening, in line at Trader Joe's. Another dude who appeared to be in his 60s. I'm still baffled about my popularity among the senior set.

38. Did you notice there was no #11?
Not until it was pointed out. And then Jon pointed out that 22 and 27 are also missing.

7
At 26 September, 2006 04:56, Blogger Natalia said...

*snoopydance of firstness*

I loved this. I might steal it. :)

-N

 
At 26 September, 2006 08:18, Blogger DZER said...

you sultry french talker!!

 
At 26 September, 2006 09:48, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

What? You thought about tagging me when you wrote this? I'm flattered!

Okay, I normally don't do this, but I'll post it. Just for you. It'll be our little secret.

Wow. I see why you got your job...you just sucked that secret right out of me.

Yeharr

 
At 26 September, 2006 15:19, Blogger the shrewness said...

great answers! im soooo with you on the spelling and grammar thing!

i might even try this myself...

 
At 26 September, 2006 17:57, Blogger sassinak said...

mmm grammar

grammar makes me happy

hard to believe from a woman allergic to the shift key :)

 
At 26 September, 2006 18:14, Blogger terry said...

nat, steal away! i stole it myself. and it's so nice to see you snoopydancing here.

dz, no one's ever called me sultry before! merci beaucoup.

pirate, i AM truly talented, aren't i? i look forward to your secret answers.

do it shrew, do it!

sass...heh. it's precisely because i have to be soooo accurate at work that i prefer to be all lower-case in blogland! and in many emails. it's just so much easier. and i'm just soooo lazy sometimes...

 
At 26 September, 2006 18:44, Blogger terry said...

chrissie... thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->