Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Sunday, September 17, 2006

I watch too much TV...

I still can't believe Mike Boogie won.
I can't believe there's someone in the world who goes by the name of Mike Boogie.
I can't believe I got sucked into another season of "Big Brother."


Lukas? Really?? The guy can't sing!


I want Tim Gunn to be my mentor.
Why does Heidi always sound so freakish when she says "Nina Garcia?"


I think it would be a nice change of pace to put Jeff Probst on Exile Island for a couple of days.


Did you know "ER" is still on the air?
Why is it still on the air? Is anyone watching?


Yay, "The Amazing Race" is back tonight!


I'd like to start a write-in campaign to get Comedy Central to revert to its old schedule of airing the previous night's "Daily Show" and "Colbert Report" at 7 p.m., instead of 8 p.m. Who's with me??

9
At 17 September, 2006 13:48, Blogger Natalia said...

For the longes time, I didn't watch much TV at all... in fact I kinda looked down on TV because it wasn't cultural enough. Now, let's just say the DVR has made my TV watching habits change a lot. I record a lot. Then I can judge the shows and decide what I will watch. I still tend to watch a lot of educaitonal stuff: documentaries and stuff. But I do also watch things such as Nip/Tuck, Grey's Anaomy, etc. And I have a few guilty pleasures, like Fooballers' Wives and Little Britain. I reckon I have my head buried in theories and such during the rest of the time and I do my part to educate America, so...why not, right?

-N

 
At 17 September, 2006 13:54, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

I saw a promo for ER during a football game (I really don't watch TV anymore). I had the same thought as you.

I'm almost morbidly curious about it. The storylines all involved the bit players from my viewing days.

It reminds me of when Jamie Farr was considered a big part of MASH, purely because he had no other work coming his way.

It's a lame comment, I know, but I had to write something, since my verification word is 'fugkyas' and I couldn't get away without writing something.

Yeharr

 
At 17 September, 2006 14:42, Blogger JMai said...

Wow, lady... you DO watch too much tv!! Then again, I barely watch any, so I'm hardly the benchmark to be measured against.

I had the same thought about ER too. I thought it was off the air ages ago.

Reality tv hurts my head. Although I admit I was positively glued to the tv when TBS aired that show, Outback Jack. I watched it religiously... while I was meant to be studying for the bar exam. I think it's because that Jack was just too cute to be a white boy.

 
At 17 September, 2006 19:03, Blogger terry said...

you know, nat, there actually is a lot of quality programming out there. there's just also a lot of crap.

and yes, i watch some of it.

fugkyas, indeed, pirate.
jamie farr. whatever happened to him, anyway?

jmai, i'd forgotten about outback jack...! funny, there was only one season of that one...

 
At 17 September, 2006 20:07, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

From wiki:
Farr is still active in regional theater and guest stars occasionally on different TV series. Since 1984, he has hosted an annual women's professional golf tournament on the LPGA tour, the Jamie Farr Owens Corning Classic in northwest Ohio. The tournament has raised over $4.8 million for local children's charities.

Perhaps I should do a 'done more with less' with Jamie Farr and someone else?

yeharr

 
At 17 September, 2006 22:37, Blogger Michelle said...

Hell..I was surprised that ER is still on......shit i havne't watched that show in yeaers!! Once they startiing getting rid of the original cast..it started to suck. Oh well....just my opinion...lol

 
At 18 September, 2006 07:25, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God damn it! blogger just blanked out my post.. now what did I say? Oh yeah...

I'm with ya! I wont watch if they dont start at 7, and I doubt we are alone in that, they are gonna fuck themselves.

And YAAY!! Amazing Race!! I havent picked a team yet, but I was Sooo impressed with the one legged girl! God! I didnt think she would make it up the wall. She made me a bit teary when she did.

 
At 18 September, 2006 15:42, Blogger cadbury_vw said...

who is "Mike Boogie"?

 
At 18 September, 2006 20:51, Blogger terry said...

pirate.... that's hilarious. thank you for your fine research.


chelle, i can't remember the last time i saw it either! i really did lose interest after clooney left. *sigh.

chrissie, i'm loving your new handle there.

and i don't know how she got up that wall, either. i would never be able to do that!

cadbury, be glad you don't know. he's the obnoxious winner of this summer's installment of "big brother."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->