Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Thursday, September 07, 2006

It's time!




  • I can't help it. Just looking at that picture makes me smile.




  • It's time for my annual weekend of paying homage to my favorite band.

  • I know. They are disliked by many, but I don't give a shit about the haters. These boys bring me much happiness, and even helped me through a really rough period of my life.

And their concerts are glorious, even though they're totally sold out and packed to the gills (you know how I hate crowds) and I'm surrounded by many drunken former frat brothers who aren't really listening to the music, but are socializing loudly and drinking more and calling friends on their cell phones...


I mean, when Dave gets his eyebrows going, it's hard not to swoon. Or when he starts his trademark spastic dance.



The best part? We're in the ninth row for the Saturday night show. That means there will be even more swooning on my part than usual. Swooning at close range.


Yum.



Phone update: Today, I got a wrong number caller who was up and making calls at 3:12 a.m.! And of course, they hung up as soon as I picked up. Nice. I was in a panic for a moment, thinking something was terribly wrong at work. I suppose I should be grateful there WAS nothing wrong.
And my dear non-friend who called and woke me last week? Has called several times since, though never when I've been home. Wouldn't you think that after hearing my answering machine message several times, he or she would GET A FUCKING CLUE???

I may have to re-work this whole phone in the bedroom thing...

4
At 07 September, 2006 21:35, Blogger sassinak said...

oh man dude, that phone in the bed thing sucks total ass.

as for dave matthews i saw him when i was much younger... in seattle actually. i went with a bunch of friends from vancouver.

funnily enough i didn't really get it then... but a couple of years ago i was sitting around with buddies and that was playing and i was really digging it. guess tastes change :)

 
At 09 September, 2006 05:27, Blogger JMai said...

Ugh, colour me jealous. You always get to do all the cool stuff, Terry!!

They should sell a device that lets you send electric shock treatments through the phone lines when people do the prank call thing. 3:12 am is sacred sleeping time!

 
At 09 September, 2006 10:44, Blogger terry said...

yeah, sass, i'll be taking your original suggestion of removing the hardline from my bedroom and relying on the cell for those nighttime emergency calls. cripes.

and dave. i know a lot of people who don't feel it, but there's something about those guys that gets completely under my skin.

and that's the great thing about art -- we all respond differently.

jmai, this is definitely one of the coolest things i get to do! it's the pinnacle of my concert-going year, to be sure.

and they were amazing last night. can't wait until tonight's show.

and i love the electric shock idea!

 
At 10 September, 2006 10:01, Blogger The Savage said...

It's a good thing I kept my beta blog... I can still post comments... like ....I never was a big fan of dave matthews But eh... who cares about my opinion.... lol I don't think he sucks it's just what I like...
by the way i am gonna be tandem posting my two blogs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->