Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Oh, fer crying out loud...


I've been seduced.


I fell for Blogger's "Try the Beta version! It's so much better! It will make your life better in every way, even in areas that have nothing to do with blogs!" pitch.


Now, I can't comment on blogs that haven't switched to the Beta version.


And I can't switch back!


Aaaagh!! I've been silenced!


I know this is trying for you, too... since I know you wait with bated breath for my brilliantly insightful and/or hilarious comments...


*Sigh. Why can't I just leave well enough alone?

9
At 06 September, 2006 19:47, Blogger Madame X said...

You're not the first person to say BETA SUCKS!!!

You could always just start an account to just comment with.

I think others have tried it.

We need to get the word around
JUST SAY NO TO BETA!!

 
At 06 September, 2006 19:53, Blogger terry said...

mx, that's a really good idea...the account for commenting.

you know i have to get my two cents in everywhere!!

 
At 06 September, 2006 21:15, Blogger sassinak said...

so THAT'S where you've been
i'm with madame x! :)

also? thanks for the warning!

 
At 06 September, 2006 21:24, Blogger terry said...

it's really irritating. reminds me of every time i've had laryngitis, and was trying desperately to communicate....

and the message that comes up when you try to comment says blogger's trying to make it possible for beta bloggers to comment on non-beta blogs, but JEEZUS....

why would they launch this thing if it's not ready??

 
At 07 September, 2006 08:06, Blogger SignGurl said...

I was feeling a little left out not being on Beta but you just changed my mind.

 
At 07 September, 2006 12:24, Blogger Angela said...

Ahhhhhh...is that what it takes to silence you...??

 
At 07 September, 2006 15:13, Blogger JMai said...

Oh Terry... this IS a quandry!

First of all, we miss your comments. But we don't want to switch to Beta because you're living proof that it sucks! (PS I have troubles trying to comment here since yesterday and I GUESS now I know why! It keeps asking me do I want to display the non-secure items but if I do, it won't let me post. Luckily I had the forethought to copy/paste my comment yesterday since it took 3 times before it stuck!)

What to do, what to do??

I think Madame's suggestion makes sense. You could be Boo!Beta or Terry says NOBETA ... or just, you know, something normal.

 
At 07 September, 2006 17:27, Blogger sassinak said...

heh
all i know is that i miss terry

:)

but i'm sort of glad she's too busy to blog at the same time...

 
At 07 September, 2006 19:32, Blogger terry said...

signgurl, i feel left out being ON beta....! don't do it!!

angela, you can't hear my obnoxious response, since i've been silenced and all...

jmai, you're too funny... with nobeta or boobeta. and that secure/nonsecure thing comes up for me, too. aaaagh!

sass, i definitely miss being part of the conversations! it's like middle school all over again...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->