Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Friday, September 22, 2006

Extreme randomosity!




  • This (the beverage pictured) is some really good shit. And it's the only reasonably-priced wine made by Francis Ford Coppola's winery.

I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm now allergic to one of my favorite flowers... the stargazer lily. I've had a beautiful bunch in the apartment for about a week now, and I've felt like I've been fighting off some cold-like thing all week. I just made the possible connection tonight. Fer crying out loud...isn't it enough that I can't have normal food ? I can't have my favorite flowers around now??

YouTube is the greatest thing ever. I heart it.

I knew today was going to be a weird day after I flushed one of my favorite necklaces down the toilet while getting ready for work. I mean, who DOES that? Fuuuuuck. I just stood there, looking into the bowl, as though the necklace might somehow reappear.

I hate Macy's. Let me clarify: I hate clothes shopping at Macy's. I went to the Union Square store last weekend, and not only was it about 1000 degrees in the store, it smelled like someone had urinated in the dressing rooms. And that's not the first time I've noticed that the dressing rooms in a Macy's have reeked. I tried on about 20 items, most of which didn't even come close to fitting... and all of which were overpriced, even during their sale. Phooey.

How is it possible to be so busy, yet have little to say when people ask what you've been up to?

Nat's written a couple of really interesting posts about signs recently, and I think I got one of my own this week. When I was doing laundry, there were no dryers available when the wash cycle was finished. Not even a single one that I could cram all my stuff into. And I wasn't about to let my wet stuff rot in those washing machines for 35 minutes or more until someone else's drying cycle was complete. So I threw it all into my cart and hauled it to another laundromat a few long blocks away. And this laundromat's cheaper -- yay -- but half the machines are often broken... and not labeled as such, so you often end up throwing a bunch of money away. And even the dryers that work there take fucking forever. So I think I have my answer about whether I should farm out some of my laundry...

I have the greatest commute ever. As in most cities, there are about 15 different routes I can take to get to or from work, and they pretty much take about the same amount of time. So most days, I take the most scenic route, which takes me along the Marina on my way to work, and through the Presidio on my way home. That must be the prettiest military base ever built, and it's now a national park. It's so nice after a long day at work to look at the bay, the Golden Gate Bridge, the historic buildings in the Presidio, and all the trees along the way.

And it sure as hell beats public transit.




7
At 23 September, 2006 04:11, Blogger The Savage said...

I understand the part about being so busy but not being able to come up with anything when someone asks what have you been up to...
I usually reply with.. Hell, I don't know...

 
At 23 September, 2006 05:19, Blogger DZER said...

what are the odds the good wine from there is sofia? maybe it's based on her directing, not acting, abilities. LOL

laundry sucks major ass.

and the presidio rocks ...

 
At 23 September, 2006 08:54, Blogger Jon said...

I am not usually a wine drinker. When I do have some I drink mostly reds, but if you say it's good I may have to try it.

You make me want to come do some site seeing. I've see a lot of San Fransisco while driving to and from work related crap when I was there years ago, but I need to stop and check things out.

 
At 23 September, 2006 09:31, Blogger cadbury_vw said...

[interested]
how did you hear about this wine? or did you just spot it on the shelf? how much is affordable?
[/interested]

i hate dressing rooms in general, so i'm already predjudiced

laundry

hmmmph. fucking laundry.

having small pleasures in every day - especially being surrounded by beauty as you go through mundane or everyday moments can fill a person's heart with joy where there is otherwise only routine.

my building is located in a gorgeous park - it rarely fails to move me when i see the park.

 
At 23 September, 2006 10:14, Blogger terry said...

savage, that's the only answer that makes sense in that situation...!

dz, isn't that funny? he created that sparkling wine for her wedding. awww. and now she's divorced. aww.
laundry DOES suck. and the presidio DOES rock.

jon, this one's a sparkling wine, and it's a nice soft one. no harshness. it's actually kind of sweet. i like it a lot.
and you should come out, and have an experienced guide (ahem) show you all the cool places most tourists don't get to see!

cad, i found out about it at the winery itself. it's not one of my regular stops, because tasting there is pricey, but it was a special trip with my mom, so we went because i wanted her to see his oscars.
and all the wines there are good, actually... i just don't usually spend more than 20 bucks for most of my wine, and most of these were much more than that. the sofia? 18 bucks. i found it for that price at one of my local markets, too...

and you perfectly summed up my feelings as i drove through the presidio last evening, which was gorgeous. i immediately forgot about how tired i was.

 
At 23 September, 2006 18:41, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

So glad you've been able to pick up on the signs. I'm hoping I can have some of your clarity in the coming weeks. A lot's happening in my world, and I want to be prepared.

My only true feedback:
If you can afford the whole sending out the laundry thing, DO IT. Right now. C'mon. Make me happy!

 
At 24 September, 2006 10:18, Blogger terry said...

bg, what's going on? the start of the school year fun?

yeah, i'll be looking into laundry help this very week...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->