Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Monday, September 18, 2006

Happy happy joy joy...







I don't know if it's some good karma, or what... but two recent developments are making me smile today.






See that flyer over there? It's for a big benefit concert Neil Young organizes every year.




See the second band on the list? Yeah. Well. It's hard for me to pass up an opportunity to see them, even when I've just seen them. ESPECIALLY when I've just seen them. I'm in that post DMB-concert fog, in which I do nothing but listen to their music* and savor how much I love it.




Yes, I am aware that I am a dork.




Anyway. It can be hard to get tickets for this event. I mean, look at that list of performers.




It can be hard... unless you know someone at your new job who has connections. Who can get you tickets from the promoter before they go on sale to the general public.




Oh yes, that's me!




And? I managed to score some front-row seats for the Barenaked Ladies show here in November.





Oh yes, that's me!





Oh, and I also have good seats for Guster later this month, but I've had those for awhile.





Can you see the smile on my face?






*This is my new favorite song. Omigod. OH. MY. GOD. You must let it get to at least the 2 1/2 minute mark, because that's where they totally had me. And keep in mind he's losing his voice, but that first "I surrender" kills me anyway. KEEEELS me.

*Another thing that sucks about Blogger Beta: you can't space copy out the way you want to. Fucking Beta...

5
At 18 September, 2006 23:22, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! You lucky wench! Take me with you! lol

 
At 18 September, 2006 23:23, Blogger cadbury_vw said...

[jealous]

[terry goes to good concerts]

[more jealous]

 
At 19 September, 2006 20:10, Blogger terry said...

c'mon up, chrissie!

cadbury, i'm jealous of the fun YOU'RE having, too. ;) (when you're not being tortured, i mean.)

 
At 19 September, 2006 20:44, Blogger Natalia said...

I am surrounded by DMB fans at the office. I like them. I have never seen them live. I would love to. You are soooo lucky. The stars are definitely aligned for you and I am soooo happy for you :) WOOHOO

-N

 
At 19 September, 2006 20:49, Blogger terry said...

oooh, nat, you should see them live if you get a chance. soooo much better than their studio stuff.

not that i dislike their studio stuff... it's just... well, they're an amazing live band.

i'll be snoopydancing at this show to be sure!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->