Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Note to self...

Putting that small tin of chocolate from Trader Joe's in your desk drawer was a bad idea. (Fucking impulse purchase, of an item displayed at the cash register.)


"It's a small tin," you said to yourself. "The chocolate is cut into small wedges. Perfect for a small chocolate fix in the afternoon."


Yeah. Unless you have five wedges in one sitting.


Shit.


Also? Ordering a Ketel One and soda (the drink of Queens!) at a bar where you sort of know the bartender will get you mostly vodka. And just a teeny bit of soda water.



Not that that's a BAD thing.




Unless you have to drive your ass home.







9
At 03 October, 2006 19:41, Blogger C... said...

That's pretty much my life in a nutshell.

 
At 04 October, 2006 02:46, Blogger DZER said...

mmm ... chocolat!!

 
At 04 October, 2006 06:41, Blogger masgblog said...

I can relate. I too am guilty of impulse buying (like the book store sells Godiva chocolate, the dark type that I lurv), and guilty of trying to talk myself into eating just one choc, when I know that is impossible..

 
At 04 October, 2006 06:42, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

I'm the same way with chocolate. 'Specially those Cadbury chocolate oranges. Yum.

Glad I don't have any chocolate in my desk.

However, I know whose desk does have chocolate here...

Be right back....

Word verification: qnadrk. I kid you not, queen of dorks.

Yeharr

 
At 04 October, 2006 07:13, Blogger sassinak said...

um
what's wrong with five pieces of chocolate?

fifty? problem. but five? that's a legitimate snack.

 
At 04 October, 2006 07:48, Blogger Suze said...

I don't go much for chocolate but cheese, well that's a whole different story.

5 shouldn't hurt and doesn't it do you good to be naughty every now and then... ;)

 
At 04 October, 2006 16:12, Blogger terry said...

c, i'm glad to know i'm in good company...!

dzer....mmmm, indeed. i could eat just about anything if it were covered in chocolate...

masg, i can't eat just a little either! although today... i've not touched my chocolate at all.

pirate, i think it's wrong to ruin chocolate with the taste of fruit. but now i know what to send you for christmas...

and you MUST be kidding about that verification word...!

sass, the problem is... five pieces... too often. faaar too often...

suze, i can't control myself with cheese, either. so it's a good thing it won't keep in my desk drawer...

 
At 04 October, 2006 19:21, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

OMG! You sound like my boss!

She just switched into another room at the resort that came up from a cancellation. On her way out with all of her booty, she grabbed a honking big bag of chocolate and said, "We're taking THIS to the training tomorrow and spilling it on the table! It's that...or it's coming back to school and I'll end up EATING IT!"

Gotta love a woman who understands the power of chocolate!

 
At 05 October, 2006 11:59, Blogger terry said...

BG, your boss is a woman after my own heart!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->