Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Friday, November 03, 2006

Tricky meme...

1. Explain what ended your last relationship? Hahahahahahahahaha.

2. When was the last time you shaved? A week ago. When I last wore a dress.

3. What were you doing this morning at 8 a.m.? Waking up, earlier than I wanted to.

4. What were you doing 15 minutes ago? Reading blogs.

5. Are you any good at math? Hahahahahaha. NO.

6. Your prom night? Which one? I went to three. 1. My junior prom, with my boyfriend at the time. I wore a peach-colored dress. That's more than I really want to remember about that night....OH! Wait. Our theme was "Stairway to Heaven," (???) and at the end of the night, many people were pissed that the band -- a Latin salsa band -- didn't play the song. Like you could dance to it. Sheesh.
2. My senior prom, with the guy I ended up marrying. We weren't dating yet, and I suspect that's why we had a better time than some of our friends did. However, when our group went to the beach for a little after-prom gathering, we nearly got left behind at the hotel where the prom was held. I wore a black dress, and that was considered quite scandalous at my school in the early 80s. It was so much more appropriate for me than the peach thing I wore the year before.
3. The ex-hub's senior prom (he's a year younger than I), and I wore another scandalous black dress. We spent about 45 minutes driving around lost on the grounds of Camp Pendleton, because we'd missed the turn for the Officers' Club. Surprised we didn't get arrested by the MPs.

7. Do you have any famous ancestors? None that I'm aware of.

8. Have you had to take a loan out for school? Luckily, no. Because my dad was in the military, I had VA benefits to help me through college. And I also worked part of the time.

9. Do you know the words to the song on your myspace profile? People my age aren't allowed on MySpace. Or shouldn't be.

10. Last thing received in the mail? A couple of catalogues and my prized Entertainment Weekly.

11. How many different beverages have you had today? Three. Water, OJ, and coffee. Later, there will be wine. Oh yes, there will be wine.

12. Do you ever leave messages on people’s answering machines? Of course. Who doesn't?

13. Who did you lose your CONCERT virginity to? Andy Gibb. Give me a break, I was 13! And my next show, about six months later, was Heart. I hearted them for years. I still heart them.

14. Do you draw your name in the sand when you go to the beach? No.

15. What was the most painful dental procedure you have had? It's called a frenectomy, where the surgeon moves the tissue that connects your upper lip to your gum. It had to be done to accomodate my orthodontia. It hurt like fucking hell.

16. What is out your back door? The trash chute.

17. Any plans for Friday night? Last night? Laundry. Next week? I'm supposed to have drinks with a former co-worker.

18. Do you like what the ocean does to your hair? Not really, but I love the ocean so much, I forgive it.

19. Have you ever received one of those big tins of 3 different popcorns? No. What a weird question.

20. Have you ever been to a planetarium? Yes, many times. Love 'em.

21. Do you re-use towels after you shower? Hell yes!

22. Some things you are excited about? The passing of this election. My upcoming trips for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

23. What is your favorite flavor of JELLO? I don't have one. I don't really eat Jello.

24. Describe your keychain(s)? I have a bajillion keys. I need five for my apartment building alone - garage, mailbox, building front door, and the two locks on MY front door. Two for work -- my office and my boss' office. My car key, my club (as in, anti-theft device) key. And a Holy Grail keychain, from Spamalot.

26. Where do you keep your change? In my wallet. I also have a penny jar at home, and a small piggy bank for other non-penny or quarter (I separate those for laundry and parking meters) change.

27. What kind of winter coat do you own? I have two. The ill-gotten coat, and this other one. Mostly I wear jackets, as it doesn't get brutally cold here most of the time.

28. What was the weather like on your graduation day? It rained on my high school graduation, which was, of course, held outdoors. It was the only time that ever happened at my school up to that point. And it was sunny and warm for my college graduation, which was also unusual. Hmm... interesting pattern. Freakish weather at both of my graduations...

29. Do you sleep with the door to your room open or closed? Closed.

30. Did you read this far? Consider yourself tagged! That's the trick! Hahahahahaha. Ha. Yeah.

20
At 04 November, 2006 17:14, Blogger Blondie said...

I'm not doing the whole meme, but I found the key one interesting. I have 6 keys for my apartment: front door, inside door, back door, side door, side gate, back gate. Then I have a key to work, my car, my desk at work, and the autolock thing for my car. I should really get a nice keychain. Maybe that will be my next mission.

 
At 04 November, 2006 17:14, Blogger Blondie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 04 November, 2006 19:52, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

Dagnabit! And I had Butch and Sundance waiting in the DVD...

And you must...must...see Princess Bride.

yeharr

 
At 04 November, 2006 21:21, Blogger Laura said...

I SHAVED A WEEK AGO TOO!!
oy vey shaving is so stupid.
thats the nice thing about not having a boyfriend, i dont have to shave my legS
I AM DONE WITH SATS!!!

 
At 05 November, 2006 01:33, Blogger Pat & Reg said...

Damn you for the tag!

 
At 05 November, 2006 07:32, Blogger masgblog said...

hi terry - re Alarming Situation....we did get back to sleep, but it wasn't easy. Plus, the service person comes tomorrow, finally, to uncover the problem, we hope.

Thanks for stopping by. I will do your meme (maybe later today)....and inflict it on others that I know.

cheers!

 
At 05 November, 2006 09:49, Blogger terry said...

jeez, blondie, i think you have more keys than i do! i didn't think that was possible.

pirate, butch and sundance can wait...

laura, i hate shaving. so i often don't, unless my legs will be exposed. or i've gotten so hairy i can't stand it. and yaaay, on the SATs!!

c'mon, reg, you know you want to do this meme... and can i have some bailey's on the rocks? try not to make it so creamy, 'kay?

masg, i look forward to your meme-ing.

 
At 05 November, 2006 12:53, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

WTF. Tagged? I stick with you til the end and you tag my ass?

My keychain is like yours. Only I have an actual key thingy with the bunny that says, "Me. Just like you. Only better."

 
At 05 November, 2006 17:14, Blogger JMai said...

Yay, I love memes! I can't believe a black dress to prom was scandalous. Hindsight, eh?

BG -- I lovelove Happy Bunny

 
At 05 November, 2006 18:28, Blogger terry said...

yes, bg, your ass is SO tagged!
i love happy bunny too. he (she?) rocks.)

jmai, isn't that funny, about the black dresses? the early 80s were all pastels in SoCal. and i am so NOT a pastel person, so...

 
At 05 November, 2006 19:35, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

I don't know if you're a habitual comment re-checker, but you need to recheck my comments.

Yeharr

 
At 06 November, 2006 03:56, Blogger JMai said...

wait, you haven't seen Princess Bride? but its brilliant!

 
At 06 November, 2006 07:25, Blogger Natalia said...

I love the fact that this one has been spreading like wildfire :)

And dude...Happy Bunny and I are family.

-N

 
At 06 November, 2006 11:17, Blogger masgblog said...

i tagged you again...sorry

 
At 06 November, 2006 16:23, Blogger DZER said...

I sooooo do my change the same way ... one for pennies, one for quarters, and one for nickels and dimes ... great minds and all ;)

 
At 06 November, 2006 18:31, Blogger cadbury_vw said...

andy gibb?

what was your favourite andy gib song?

 
At 07 November, 2006 09:16, Blogger terry said...

pirate, i'm a moron.

jmai, i know. i was working three jobs when it came out and didn't see many movies, and just never went back and caught up. that's one i want to see, though.

nat, that's the really fun thing about memes! and happy bunny rocks. i know i've said it before, and i'll say it again.

masg, another tag?? i'll get to it later this week.

dzer, is there any other way to organize change? i mean, really.

cad, my favorite? i loved "i just want to be your everything," but my favorite was an obscure tune, called "good feeling." ahhh, RIP andy...

 
At 07 November, 2006 10:06, Blogger ~art said...

great job on the meme and nice blog. peace~art

 
At 07 November, 2006 13:45, Blogger sassinak said...

i'm doing this one too... but technically elle for me first :)

 
At 08 November, 2006 16:01, Blogger terry said...

well, howdy art... thank you!


and sass, i look forward to seeing your answers...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->