Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Friday, November 03, 2006

Friday-ku...


friday night laundry

my life is so glamorous

wait until next week



I can't wait until this election is over. Not only am I sick to death of all the commercials on radio and TV, I'm entirely swamped at work because of it. Keep your fingers crossed that all my planning will pay off...


Luckily, a good friend is visiting next week and I'm taking a day off so we can hit wine country after the election hell ends. I plan to buy all sorts of yummy wine. And taste everything in sight.


Looks like I may have dodged a bullet, where my health is concerned. I'm starting to think now that what I was feeling was allergy stuff, and then the flu shot I got on Wednesday exacerbated my symptoms (and I have a lovely welt on my arm too. So do some of my co-workers). Yesterday, I could easily have put my head down on my desk and slept all day. Today, my energy level's more normal. For a Friday. After a long and taxing week.


Why, you're asking yourself, have I put that picture up there? The movie's on TV tonight, and I'm watching for the first time in eons. I'd forgotten how much I like this film. My mom must have made me watch it a thousand times during my childhood, and I can still recite a frightening amount of the dialogue.

Which is really entertaining when you're the only person in the room.
Hey, did I mention the little Halloween gathering I went to the other afternoon/evening? I got to leave work early to go to a posh bar and have cocktails on my employer's dime. It was really fun. And the cocktails were yummy, too.
Yaay, Friday! Damn, I'm tired.

4
At 04 November, 2006 05:28, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

Mo-rons. Ah got mo-rons on my team. Nobody is gonna rob us goin down the mountain. We have got no money going down the mountain. When we have got the money, on the way back, then you can sweat.

Great movie.

Are you a fan of all of William Goldman's films?

Yeharr

 
At 04 November, 2006 06:49, Blogger SignGurl said...

I've only seen the end of that movie. I need to make a point to watch it in it's entirety.

Glad you are feeling better!

 
At 04 November, 2006 08:52, Blogger terry said...

nice, pirate...!

who ARE those guys?

i had to go look up william goldman's films to answer your question. i had no idea he was so prolific! and yes, i love many of those movies -- marathon man... all the president's men... stepford wives (the original)...magic. (i think i'm the only person on the planet who's never seen the princess bride, but i want to.)

signgurl, you gotta watch the whole thing. so much of it's really funny. and newman, redford and katharine ross are all so gorgeous, it makes for a grand movie experience.

 
At 07 November, 2006 20:40, Blogger Shannon Morgan said...

Oh, man, that's a good lookin' poster. Love that movie.

And rent Princess Bride now! So good...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->