Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

My new toy...


It was my going-away gift from my now-former employer.

I'm now part of the 21st Century! I really AM moving up in the world.

So yeah, there were some tears on my part, and lots of nice things said by the boss and my former colleagues. And cake. Gluten-free, of course. And then a yummy lunch with Miss Cheese and Miss Angela and the adorable young Luke.

It still hasn't all sunk in yet. I'm not sure it will until I start the new gig. And there's another party to come, one off the premises where cocktails will be consumed.

In the meantime, I'll be playing with my fabulous new toy!

8
At 26 July, 2006 06:11, Blogger DZER said...

congrats on becoming an iPodian.

heh

 
At 26 July, 2006 09:28, Blogger Jon said...

WOW, what a great group. I think it comes from working with someone as awesome for you for so long. I am sure you'll be missed.

It's cool that we're both starting our new jobs on the same day

 
At 26 July, 2006 12:48, Blogger terry said...

is that what i am now, dz? an iPodian? cool!

jon, the gift was actually from the bosses, so that's really why i was so amazed.

the gift from my coworkers is their support, which means so much.

 
At 26 July, 2006 14:24, Blogger Jon said...

from the bosses? Even more impressive.

I wish I could be there to toast (and roast) you.

 
At 26 July, 2006 18:37, Blogger JMai said...

I'm jealous... I so want one of those things but I'm too tech-retarded to bother! Enjoy it AND your time off!

 
At 26 July, 2006 20:00, Blogger terry said...

jon, you have some time off... roast and toast away!

jmai, i've been wanting an ipod but have been so financially strapped i haven't opened that door.... for the thing itself, for upgrading my internet connection, for opening an itunes account where i'm sure i'll spend all kinds of cash... but now, i can' afford some of that!

but i'll try not to go broke on itunes.

 
At 27 July, 2006 10:53, Blogger ohc said...

WOW! It is grand, I know. I have a lame Dell DJ 30 and I am in love! I have my total cd collection (I am ashamed to tell you haow many) on there and I have rooom for more! I am blasted away with this fantastic concept. Maybe one day I will get an iPod! Congrats on your purchase! I know you love it!

And, thanks for your noce comments on Cad!
*wink*

 
At 28 July, 2006 00:58, Blogger terry said...

hippi, the ipod is amazing. it's the coolest toy. so easy to use.

and not only are you wise, you crack me up. i so want to come hang out with you and buddha girl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->