Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

"Them..."

The scene: a 17-year old's birthday party, on a recent Saturday afternoon.

The adult guests are (of course) hanging out in the kitchen (with all the food!) chatting and laughing about all kinds of silly stuff.

The younger guests are outside, enjoying the bouncy house.

One ventures inside, to get something to eat.

A short time later, more of the young'uns join her, and start chowing down. They then head back outside a few minutes after that.

One of the adults overheard the first young'un say to the others something to the effect of "And I had to be in here alone with THEM."

We were on the floor, once that was relayed to the rest of us. (Or should I say, "them?")

I'm one of THEM now.

How did THAT happen??

9
At 11 July, 2006 09:22, Blogger DZER said...

don't you still remember the first time you were "ma'am'd?"

I'll never forget the first time a kid called me "sir" or "mister" ... *shudder*

 
At 11 July, 2006 11:21, Blogger sassinak said...

oh man
oh man

that's so funny

i think i might pee!

 
At 11 July, 2006 13:55, Blogger terry said...

oh, sir dzer, i've been ma'am'd so many times in my life i don't even hear it anymore.

it's SO wrong.

sass, it was hilarious. we were dying. we all felt so uncool...

 
At 11 July, 2006 20:35, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

THEM??????????

Haaaaaaaaa! Classic stuff, Terry! I wish I could have had a picture of the kid's face when he/she said those very words!

I had a 'them' moment tonight at Barnes and Noble. I was with two of my teacher friends....and was making a scene because I was cackling so loudly. A former student and her MOTHER came up. The kid was HORRIFIED to be seen with me in public. Good times!

 
At 11 July, 2006 23:13, Blogger DZER said...

sorry to hear that, ma'am.

 
At 12 July, 2006 05:02, Blogger JMai said...

Awww, I'll be a "THEM" with ya, Terry. As long as no one calls me ma'am.

 
At 12 July, 2006 16:17, Blogger terry said...

buddhagirl, was the kid more mortified to be seen with YOU... or her mother? she's at that age when you don't want to be anywhere near your parents in public...

dzer, no problem, mister...

jmai, you're too young for the ma'aming. but just wait.... it's coming! we "thems" are thrilled to have you along with us.

 
At 13 July, 2006 12:55, Blogger Laura said...

HAHAHAHAHA
most likely marsha or jo or kate
they would totally say something like that
that is so funny though
oh man my weirdo friends

 
At 13 July, 2006 16:03, Blogger Pat & Reg said...

Actually you're one of "us." And always remember it's "us" against "them." Doesn't matter who "they" are!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->