Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Monday, June 26, 2006

Bzzzzzzz....

That's the sound I'm making these days.

I'm a busy little (okay, maybe not so little) bee at work right now... as I'm filling in for one of my managers (oh, the irony...) until Friday, and it's been mighty hectic. MIGHTY hectic.

So not only have I not had much time to read my favorite blogs, I haven't had any time to do anything interesting to blog about.

I know. That's never stopped me before. Shut up.

Okay, so here's something I keep wondering about...

How on earth is there still any hair on my head?

I lose some every day in the shower. I lose some more when I blow dry and style my hair. Then, when I clean house, as I did yesterday after, oh, about 2 1/2 weeks of sloth, I swept up massive piles of hair.

Why am I not bald yet?

See ya real soon!

11
At 26 June, 2006 22:24, Blogger JMai said...

Ha. I think that all the time.

And yet? I do a biweekly "grey hunt" and pluck them out... along with the non-greys that suffer collateral damage from my poor mirror-aided aim.

 
At 26 June, 2006 23:43, Blogger sassinak said...

i love my gray hair
i'm weird

but it just makes my curls look more emphasized...

:)

 
At 27 June, 2006 01:08, Blogger DZER said...

and here I thought this post was gonna be about a new vibrator ;)

 
At 27 June, 2006 11:01, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

OMG. Vibrator! Haaaaaa!

As for bald, you're not...because you have been blessed with thick, luxurious hair, unlike mine.

I'm in a total funk about my hair today and am busy envying yours...even the hideous lumps you swept up. Ha!

 
At 27 June, 2006 12:15, Blogger Michelle said...

I have thought the same about MY hair.....my thick head of hair is gonna end up being my thin head of hair if this keeps up!!

 
At 27 June, 2006 14:46, Blogger cadbury_vw said...

all of you with hair:

bite me

----

actually it's not that bad being bald ever since jean luc picard appeared in star trek the next generation

now it's considered virile, so i'm not so upset

but still, all you with hair who are complaining:

bite me

 
At 27 June, 2006 18:26, Blogger Jon said...

Damn it, DZER beat me to it! YOU BASTARD!!!

Have you checked the back of your head. Maybe you have a bald spot. Or maybe all the hair in the shower is from a different part of your body. ;)

 
At 27 June, 2006 19:12, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

I bet all that hair is actually Anthony Bourdain's! You heathen hussy! You've been hiding him in your apartment! Wench!

 
At 28 June, 2006 00:13, Blogger Jon said...

He's tide up in the closet

 
At 28 June, 2006 17:52, Blogger terry said...

jmai, i WOULD be hairless if i actually tried to pluck out each gray. they appear to be in the majority.

which is why i touched up my color last night.

sass, i applaud that attitude! i'm just prolonging the denial, i know... but there's just way too much gray up there for my liking.
one day, i'll let it go. not today.

dzer... heh. no. i think that's a subject better addressed by those who have a knack for writing about such things. you know who you are... ;)

buddhagirl, my hair is actually quite thin. i mean, fine (my hair stylist might slap me if i say thin again.). but there IS a lot of it.
there won't be, if this trend continues tho...!!
why are (were) you in a funk about your lovely hair??

and no. no anthony here. sadly. i wouldn't have any energy to enjoy him right now, anyway....

chelle, exactly...! how is this even possible? are we going to be the balding women in the rogaine commercials???

cadbury, bald is beautiful! but you already knew that, right? i've dated (and been attracted) to several guys with less than full heads of hair.
the only problem is the comb-over. or the bad rug.

jon, if this much hair is falling off other parts of my body, something is SERIOUSLY wrong...!!! especially since i'm not talking about short hair...

 
At 28 June, 2006 21:39, Blogger Jon said...

So you have a hedge instead of a bush :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->