Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The pointless post...

Why the hell is it so muggy out today? I think Mother Nature has confused us with, oh, the Midwest or something. It's very odd.

Make it go away. I'm sure that's part of the reason I couldn't sleep last night.


Ever have one of those moments when you have to use every ounce of the rational part of your brain (yes, part of my brain IS rational) to keep yourself from exploding? I had one today, on the way home from work, on an extraordinarily crowded bus. The driver, to her credit, kept yelling at younger people to give their seats up to seniors... but that made the trip last even longer than usual. And at one point, there was no more room to stand in -- I mean, NONE. I had people jammed up against me from every side, and the driver kept stopping and starting every few feet, so we were all struggling to stay on our feet.

I. WANTED. TO. SCREAM. I was THISclose to losing it.

Instead, I got the hell off. I was only seven blocks from home anyway.


So, Anthony Bourdain is in town this week, for a couple of book readings. Oh, goody! But who the hell can go to a reading at 12:30 on a THURSDAY??

Okay, I know, I know... restaurant people, for starters. I know. Lots of people have unusual schedules. I'm just cranky about it because I can't go to the one that's closest to home. Waaah.

However... he's doing one across the bay on Friday evening... Hmmmm...
I'll have to see how I'm feeling on Friday afternoon before I decide whether I'm up for that journey.

And if I'm having a severe case of the uglies, forget it.


Why is it that I'm still getting zits, even though I am now officially well into my 40's now? Isn't that wrong, to have the crow's feet, the gray hair, AND zits?

Come on, now. Give a girl a break!


Damn, I'm sleepy.

13
At 13 June, 2006 18:25, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

Terry, I love you, woman...but if you do NOT see Anthony Bourdain while he's in town...zits, uglies, exhaustion, whatever...I might have to smack you.

I expect you to go. I expect pictures. I expect you to whisper something naughty in his ear. Got that?

As for the bus incident: I feel your pain. I think this calls for another spa visit.

 
At 13 June, 2006 19:21, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was talking with a friend the other day about anthony and his sexiness. it's freaky to admit it (even to myself) but oh my god...there's something about him (even in his creepiness) that IS truly sexy. what is it? i'm fascinated by sexiness in people...a lot of whom are not classically attractive. hmm.

mama...you HAVE to go see him on friday. GO...and puhleeze kiss him on the neck for me, would ya?

 
At 13 June, 2006 19:49, Blogger terry said...

bg, i actually thought of you when i saw he was here! you need to get on a plane.
okay, okay... i'm leaning toward going. i can't promise any pics or whispering, tho.

and kimmy, i've found many men who aren't "classically" attractive very sexy. they're two different things.
and i will not be touching the author! i can't afford to bail myself out of jail!

 
At 13 June, 2006 20:49, Blogger Michelle said...

Yeah...wtf is up with getting zits in our 40's!? I have that too sometimes!!! I am NOT a teenager....I do not want zits!!! lol Of course, I dont want the crows feet or the gray hair either...but hey...stuck with that!! lol

 
At 13 June, 2006 21:06, Blogger sassinak said...

*i* get zits. fucking thing on my chin.

but you know what? i don't see them anymore. i mean on other people... unless they're fucking brutally horrid and oozing.

otherwise?

total miss

so who gives a fuck if you have a zit, go see if he's sexy in real life. or don't, and keep the fantasy :)

i say go.

 
At 14 June, 2006 00:09, Blogger DZER said...

I say, take a half-day at work on Thursday and go see him when he's close.

And ask him if he's ever had Chamorro cuisine and if he'd consider coming to Guam to sample it ... heh

 
At 14 June, 2006 07:44, Blogger terry said...

chelle, RIGHT?? it's just not right to have ALL three. there should be some benefit to getting older... like, no more zits.


sass, it's not the zits that might keep me away from my man tony; more the exhaustion.
and i'm lucky -- my zits are always pretty small. they're just... ANNOYING.

dzer, if i could, i would..! no can do the half-day thing.
and if he's going to guam, i want to go with him. will you take us to lunch?

 
At 14 June, 2006 08:39, Blogger the shrewness said...

i have to go with bg... i want pictures! isnt he just adorable?

i dont know about 40 but at 26, i still get zits. i thought once i passed puberty, theyll be gone.

 
At 14 June, 2006 13:49, Blogger terry said...

shrew, this is sad to say, but i still don't have a digital camera. and my camera-phone takes blurry pics...

ahhh, 26. i remember 26....vaguely... ;)

 
At 14 June, 2006 14:42, Blogger Jon said...

Happy birthday Terry!!!!

Sorry I am late.

I lose track of how many kisses I have too. I tend to ball up the wrappers one over the next. Then there is less evidence

 
At 14 June, 2006 17:57, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

Holy crap! You MUST go. If you can't whisper to him, hand him a note scribbled on an index card which reads:

Buddha Girl would like to prepare a seven-course meal for you in the fine state of Virginia. She promises you multiple orgasmic taste buds.

How could he REFUSE such an offer?

 
At 14 June, 2006 22:22, Blogger Jon said...

BTW, I get zits still too

 
At 15 June, 2006 08:55, Blogger terry said...

jon, thank you! it's never too late for birthday wishes. i'll take 'em all! especially when i have zits.

BG, i've now arranged it so that i'll be talking with our boyfriend on the phone tomorrow. for work purposes. i even have his cell phone number, too. heh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->