Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Thursday, June 01, 2006

I hate this time of year...


No, not because the June gloom is upon us (damn, those foghorns were LOUD this morning!).... and not because I'm about to be a year older...

It's primary election time. And I can't stand the flood of campaign commercials on TV, nor the dozens of slick campaign mailers I get each day and immediately toss in the recycle bin without even looking at them. Does anyone read those things?

I really despise those door-hanger ads, and the proliferation of materials that get shoved through my apartment building's mail slot... and onto the lobby floor. Thanks for the litter, assclowns.

What a waste of money and resources.

I once vowed I'd never vote for a candidate whose campaign littered in my apartment building. But they ALL do it.

I'm a big believer in voting. I consider it both a duty and a privilege. I remember how, as a teenager, I couldn't wait until I was old enough to vote. I've voted in every election since I turned 18.

But now, I just hate the process, which doesn't seem to be about anything more than money and power.

5
At 01 June, 2006 19:38, Blogger Shannon Morgan said...

Spam sucks - especially when it costs trees! Assholes. I think we should be able to vote by phone + internet, and as soon as our ID number comes up as having voted, all campaign mail ceases. I call this dreamworld Pie Land. It has a flaky crust.

 
At 01 June, 2006 19:44, Blogger terry said...

nomadshan, those are excellent ideas.

i really like it when some candidate who claims to care about the environment keeps carpet bombing my mailbox with crap.

something's gotta give.

 
At 02 June, 2006 00:30, Blogger DZER said...

the worst part about elections is the advertising ... I hate political advertising; all full of crap.

I want to form a nonprofit group that debunks ads ... this guy said this, but the reality is this! totally nonpartisan, taking on all comers ... the fuckers!

 
At 02 June, 2006 16:54, Blogger terry said...

yeahh, dz, i pulled 16 pieces of election advertising out of my mailbox today alone.

16. in one day. my REAL mail barely fit in the box.

and i loooove that idea. sign me up!

the sf chron runs a little "adwatch" column that does something like that, but not often enough and it doesn't get enough attention.

 
At 03 June, 2006 10:20, Blogger Jon said...

Dzer has a great idea. I doubt the newspapers debunk in a nonpartisan manner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->