Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Monday, May 22, 2006

The lazy weekend...


I did nothing this weekend.

I'm serious.

I did not clean house, even though I desperately need to.

I did not chemically alter the color of my hideously gray roots, even though I desperately need to.

I did not get out for that walk Saturday, even though I desperately needed to.

Okay, I did take care of some hand-washables. But that's it.

Part of the problem is that most of my fun activities take place during the week, so by the time the weekend rolls around, it's hard not to be slothful, unless I have something specific planned.

Honestly, how does the weekend go by so quickly when you're on the couch, doing nothing more than watching the last six episodes of "The Amazing Race" on On Demand?

On Demand, by the way, is the greatest thing EVER.
But I was a bit annoyed when I realized I had to pay 99-cents per episode, to watch "TAR."
Then I figured, what the hell... I want to see the show, and it's cool to get it without commercials.
Except it's not commercial-free. There weren't as many as there would be on the telecast, and most of them were promos for CBS shows, but I was incensed when I saw any at all. The same way I feel incensed when I'm forced to watch commercials at the movies, after paying ten bucks to get in.

NOT COOL, Comcast...(or CBS, whichever of you is responsible for that).

Hey, should I have a birthday party for myself this year? I'm turning 42. How boring. And the big day is a Sunday. Also boring. And inconvenient for people who aren't off the following day...

17
At 22 May, 2006 17:51, Blogger Michelle said...

Hey...when is your BD?? I turn 42 this year also...but not til new year's eve. I'll come to SF and party with ya for your 42nd bd...hehe As long as we get to drink from BIG glasses....lol

 
At 22 May, 2006 18:06, Blogger Madame X said...

YOu should abolutely celebrate your birthday!!!

You got through another year!
Celebrate that!!!!

Woot woot for us over 40 chicks!!!

 
At 23 May, 2006 01:38, Blogger DZER said...

hmmm ... you got drunk and were a couch potato?

smashed taters? heh.

and hell yeah ... blow up with the big par-tay. Every year, every time, every step closer to ... well ... *cough* ... party on!

 
At 23 May, 2006 05:58, Blogger sassinak said...

dude you have to party
it's FORTY TWO!!!

i mean come on!

 
At 23 May, 2006 08:46, Blogger terry said...

chelle, it's in a few weeks. and you can bet we'll be drinking from the big glasses...! one of my favorite bars serves ginormous cocktails. it's a dangerous place. which may be why it's one of my fave places... ;)

x, getting through another year IS a reason to celebrate, isn't it??

dzer...smashed taters. that's funny. and true... heh. and i'm going to ignore the part about being closer to... 43.

sass, that made me snort. 42! woohoo! so very... non-descript.

 
At 23 May, 2006 11:44, Blogger sassinak said...

clearly not a douglas adams fan dude

42 is the answer to life the universe and EVERYTHING!

yeesh :)

 
At 23 May, 2006 13:27, Blogger terry said...

*see terry go to google...*

really? 42's the answer? does this mean great things for me this year??

 
At 23 May, 2006 13:28, Blogger terry said...

ohh... "hitchiker..." gotcha.

that's one of those books i've alway wanted to read.. perhaps i should, now!

 
At 23 May, 2006 16:55, Blogger JMai said...

PARTIES ARE NEVER BORING!

Especially not birthday parties where there is a chance you will get GIFTS! (See if Dzer will send you a perfect, perfectly-wrapped gift -- I'm entirely tickled that that's his specialty!)

And lol @ Sass' hitchhiker reference. She's got a point, though!

 
At 23 May, 2006 17:53, Blogger sassinak said...

dude you HAVE to celebrate prime numbers and 42. everything else is up to you :)

 
At 23 May, 2006 18:27, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

I say plan a HUGE shindig...drink some of those ginormous drinkies...and know that if my hiney was on the west coast, it would be seated next to you while snickering at your antics!

I'd even be your designated driver, sister!

PS
There is NOTHING wrong with being a couch potato. Sheesh. I'd give up my left kidney to have a weekend on the couch. And you can be damn sure I wouldn't feel an ounce of guilt for it.

 
At 24 May, 2006 06:52, Blogger sassinak said...

buddha girl: screw that take a cab and get drunk with her!

:)

and also? word on the couch potato thing

 
At 24 May, 2006 08:24, Blogger terry said...

you guys crack me up.

ooh, gifts! actually, jmai, i was gonna tell people not to bring any, if i do something... mainly because i had a big 40th b'day party and i got so many great gifts. seems wrong to ask for more!

the funny (or scary) thing? most of the gifts were either bottles of vodka... or wine. and i got a really great bottle of port from my wine-tasting pal.

buddha-girl, come on out! and like sass says, the cab driver will be the designated driver.
you deserve a couch potato weekend.

in fact, maybe all y'all should come celebrate with me! who's in??

 
At 24 May, 2006 08:51, Blogger Jon said...

I would be seriously tempted if your bday was in the first couple weeks in July. I've been trying to figure out if I was to go on a short trip after my job is over, and SF is always such a cool place.

 
At 24 May, 2006 09:29, Blogger terry said...

hey, i have nothing against belated celebrations, jon... ;)

sf is definitely cool in july. i mean that literally...! can't tell you how many fireworks shows have been fogged in...

 
At 24 May, 2006 15:44, Blogger cadbury_vw said...

yes

birthday celebration

even simple with just a few friends

one more year

that's an accomplishment in any book

 
At 24 May, 2006 19:01, Blogger terry said...

cadbury, it definitely feels like an accomplishment, some days...!

and i'm thinking a small gathering. i think i'm going to poll my pals to see if they're up for it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->