Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

My face hurts...



...from laughing so hard last night.

Martin Short's "Fame Becomes Me" opened here, for its pre-Broadway tryout, and OMIGOD, is it funny.

There were at least three moments when I was completely overcome with uncontrollable laughter... you know, the kind that continues when everyone else has stopped laughing? So you try to put a lid on it, so the other theatre-goers can hear the dialogue/lyrics, but you can't stop? So you look and sound like you're having a seizure in your seat?

The kind of laughter that's almost as good as an orgasm? (I said almost.)

Yeah. That kind of laughter. I even snorted. Audibly. More than once. In public.

I haven't laughed like that in the theatre since... uh...well, "Spamalot." With the original cast.

Funny, too, was Dennis Miller's appearance in and around the front of the theatre before the show started. He was in and out and around so much I could swear he was trying to DRAW attention to himself...
However, he redeemed himself when he ended up on stage, for an interview with Jiminy Glick. That was damned funny.
I wonder how they'll do that bit when it's just regular folk in the crowd...

Then my friend and frequent theatre date Patti and I decided to check out the after-party, just to see if it would be as entertaining as the party for "Lestat" (I think, in that instance, the party was better than the show...) and ended up having such a blast chatting with one of the women who works at our sister station and her husband that we lost track of time.

I'm sure the champagne and wine had nothing to do with it.

I didn't end up in bed until about 12:30am, so I've been in graaaand shape today.

But it was totally worth it.

3
At 10 May, 2006 21:53, Blogger sassinak said...

that sounds like a fantastic night, good on ya!

 
At 11 May, 2006 17:13, Blogger JMai said...

Oh that sounds like so much fun! I wish I had a cool job so that I could get tickets to fun shows and after parties and such.

Finance sucks.

 
At 11 May, 2006 19:02, Blogger terry said...

sass, it really was. i really need those gut-busting laughs, too.

jmai, i'm definitely lucky that way. i loooooove theatre/music/dance, so it's faaaaabulous that i get to go see a lot of it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->