Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Friday, April 28, 2006

Fried Day...

Remember when Friday night meant partying with abandon?

Now, my favorite thing to do most Fridays is to get into my pajamas.

It's so sad. Then again, I'm no morning person, so by the time Friday arrives, I've spent five days fighting my circadian rhythms (and now, my sleeping troubles, too).

Plus, work has been fairly hectic this week, though today, I had the pleasure of meeting both the aforementioned Freda Payne, and the legendary Rita Moreno, both of whom were very gracious and didn't mind all the gushing I did.

My end-of-week exhaustion is also why Friday has become my manicure (and sometimes pedicure) day. It's a nice dose of luxury and pampering at a time when I need it most. And today, I got an extra special treat when my coworker/friend Rebecca's daughter Laura walked in while I was at the salon, to get a pre-prom mani/pedi! That was great fun, except for the moment that it hit me that I can still remember when Laura was born.

And that we are now talking about where she wants to go to college after she graduates next year.

Oh. Ma. Ga. I'm OLD!!! When did that happen?

Can you tell I'm having a mid-life crisis?

(Abrupt topic change)

Okay, so the rains have finally stopped...thankfully! But now? We've gone from winter to summer in my neighborhood.

And I don't mean summer as it is in most places; I mean, summer as it is in the western part of my fair city.

Meaning, foggy and windy as fuck... something I covered last summer. It was totally drizzly and cooooold as I walked home after my manicure. I sure hope this isn't a harbinger of things to come. Yeah, yeah yeah... I know to expect it in the summer... but it's still only April. And I need some more spring, Mother Nature. It was so lovely downtown today. And so gorgeous all over last week.

Can I have some more? Please?

8
At 29 April, 2006 00:14, Blogger sassinak said...

that's both awesome and horrifying at the same time.

more awesome though.

also? dude come visit me for some nice summer that won't over shock your poor drizzly self *grin* or go south 100 miles

 
At 29 April, 2006 15:06, Blogger terry said...

that's the funny thing about the bay area, sass.. is that you only have to go a couple of miles to get some real summer. it's just sometimes hard to get motivated to do that when you're sitting under a blanket on your couch in july (or april!)

but i'm packing a bag for toronto anyway!

 
At 29 April, 2006 19:20, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

You should come visit us in Virginia. It was sunny and warm today...mid-70's. I spent the entire day outside.

However, I'm also digging the idea of another pedicure. I'm due.

 
At 30 April, 2006 04:30, Blogger DZER said...

this comment entitles you to one huge guammonster hug.

no expiration; redeemable at any time ;)

 
At 30 April, 2006 11:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This makes YOU feel old?

Hell... even I almost remember when the kid was born... and I was there!! Which means not only do I have the age-inducing memories, but I've spent the past 16.8 years mothering the age-inducing child!!!!

Feel special, Aunt Terry. The mani/pedi encounter means YOU TOO were a part of The Prom Experience. A day which apparently entitles a girl to Queen Of The Day status. Who knew...

xoxo, RC

 
At 30 April, 2006 14:00, Blogger terry said...

buddhagirl, i'm long overdue for a visit to my VA roots. i should come pay homage!

awww, dz, you're so sweet. i'll be redeeming that.

re, i was falling asleep in my chair until the young princess walked in. that was fun. and i can't wait to see the pics from the big night!

 
At 30 April, 2006 18:33, Blogger Shannon Morgan said...

Rita Moreno? Hello! I don't think I'd notice the weather after that!

 
At 01 May, 2006 10:35, Blogger terry said...

nomadshan, that was very, very cool. she was so down-to-earth. and so lovely. can't believe she's 74...!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->