Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Saturday, April 15, 2006

I want one!!


Check this out.

The website calls it the softest blanket ever.

They're so NOT KIDDING.

Angela was given one at her shower today, and none of us could not stop touching and fondling it. It's sooooooo soft and wonderful, on both sides. One is nubby, the other side furry, and somehow, they're both unbelievably, inexplicably soft. We decided we wanted to make clothes out of the material, or sheets, or a sleeping bag.

I no longer want to be ensconced in velvet; I want to be ensconced in whatever this miracle material is. I do not have the words to describe this blanket to you.

And they even make them...FOR ADULTS!
(click on the main blankets section if you want more on those)

Wonder if I can talk my mom into buying me one for my next birthday...

7
At 15 April, 2006 22:14, Blogger sassinak said...

dare i ask how much one of those goes for?

 
At 15 April, 2006 23:21, Blogger Jon said...

I was getting excited there until I saw the price. $150 for the adult size is a bit much. Maybe if you split the cost we could share it :D

 
At 16 April, 2006 06:34, Blogger DZER said...

do you really need something THAT soft? wouldn't it spoil you for everything else? and wouldn't you get so used to it that your skin would be damaged by ordinary fabrics and objects?

that being said ... I'll take one, thank you very much :)

 
At 16 April, 2006 11:59, Blogger JMai said...

Lol, I love the part during the baby shower where the expecting mother opens all her gifts and then each and every bloody one gets passed around so that we can all see/feel/smell how perfectly adorable everything is and just increase our own babywanting hormone? Goodness!

I do love that part, actually. I just also think it's funny.

 
At 16 April, 2006 15:26, Blogger SignGurl said...

Ooohhh..I want one. When I get it I may never move my body again!

Happy Easter!

 
At 16 April, 2006 19:27, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

Oooooooh holy smokes! I'm saving money right damn now for one of those suckers! I think my sister got one when she had her most recent ankle biter! I might have to swipe it the next time I visit!

 
At 16 April, 2006 20:32, Blogger terry said...

sass, as you've probably seen by now, the adult ones are $150. (the baby ones are $52.)

i think it would be totally worth every penny...and you know how i'm all about the bargain shopping.

jon, i'm sorry, i don't think i can bring myself to share. i want all this fabulousness to myself!

signgurl, exactly. i want slippers, too. i want to upholster everything in this stuff.

jmai: why DO we do that? and she's lucky no one walked off with the blanket.

and everyone applauded when the queen of cheese announced that there would be no games. FUNNY.


dzer: i WANT to be spoiled!

buddhagirl: i think your sister needs to loan you the blanky. hopefully she'll forget you have it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->