Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Monday, April 03, 2006

Never again...

...will I go to Target on a soggy, Sunday, afternoon.

JESUS CHRIST! Apparently, that's the thing to do. I hate doing what everyone else is doing. I want to move through the aisles quickly and efficiently, not slowly and ploddingly. I don't need to stop and examine every item. I don't. Especially in the soap aisle. Or the laundry detergent aisle.

And not only was it too crowded, some of the store's shelves were completely bare. Couldn't find my hair color (hello, white roots!) or my deodorant (yes, I still have some. I'm not stinky today. I don't think.). Or the kitty litter I offered to pick up for my neighbors. Who's ever heard of a run on kitty litter, fer crying out loud??

AND, I managed to pick the stormiest part of the day to make my trip. Sunday drivers + flooding roads = OMIGOD I'M GOING TO KILL SOMEONE! The visibility was terrible, with the heavy rain, and still... people were driving like maniacs.

Never again will I be embarassed by my Friday or Saturday night forays to Target. It's much more pleasant, believe me.

But the Sunday night pizza I made after I got home and dried out was one of my best ever, so I was able to forget about the afternoon.

Speaking of my neighbors, Tim has had his surgery and is feeling better, but they still don't know whether that tumor was benign or malignant. The doctors think he'll be home this week.

Michael claims the rains will now stop, because he's purchased a coat for the first time in years. I hope he's right....

13
At 03 April, 2006 17:40, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

It stormed like a fucker here today. I swear there was a tornado somewhere nearby. I live in freaking VA for cripe's sake. We're not supposed to have this kind of thing.

I'm all about you NEVER going to Target OR WalMart on any rainy day. If I didn't have Buddha I'd still be shopping at midnight to avoid the crowds of dunces!

 
At 03 April, 2006 18:45, Blogger DZER said...

I miss the class and style of Tar-zhay! LOL

Hmm ... beautiful weather here ... again ... bright and sunshiney most ... heh

glad the pizza rocked ... I'm eating fancy lunch today for free! woohoo!!

 
At 03 April, 2006 18:46, Blogger terry said...

bg, i think mother nature is pissed about SOMETHING...

our forecast? rain on and off through mid-month.

i suspect we're skipping spring and heading right into summer, which is the foggiest time of year in sf! my part of sf, anyway.
just a little sun. that's all i ask.

 
At 03 April, 2006 18:55, Blogger terry said...

dzer, no targets?? really?? you poor, deprived soul. i'm not even going to be jealous of your sunshine.

i LOVE tar-zhay!!

and you always have the best lunches. can i expect to see a picture of today's in dzerland?

 
At 03 April, 2006 19:00, Blogger JMai said...

My friend Julie's fiance (now husband), as a condition to giving her the ring, made her PROMISE never to say "Tar-zhay" again!

Now they're married she says it all the time again. I told him to divorce her!

Although I have to admit I'm one of the Target browsers. But I hate a crowded store too so I only go at off-times.

Glad you enjoy my words... I'll try to keep em coming!

 
At 03 April, 2006 22:23, Blogger Jon said...

Terry, One word.... Valium

 
At 04 April, 2006 07:40, Blogger terry said...

jmai, that is funny. could you imagine the divorce filing over that?

jon, i just weaned myself off of one drug... i don't need to get hooked on another! i just need to stay away from tar-jhay when it's busy.

 
At 04 April, 2006 08:01, Blogger DZER said...

terry: left the camera at the office :(

 
At 04 April, 2006 08:16, Blogger Jon said...

and all that wine you drink is not a drug???

Just teasing :P

 
At 04 April, 2006 08:19, Blogger terry said...

dzer: dang it!

jon: the wine's not nearly as addictive....! plus, there are all those health benefits, right?

right?
heh.

 
At 04 April, 2006 08:19, Blogger terry said...

dzer: dang it!

jon: the wine's not nearly as addictive....! plus, there are all those health benefits, right?

right?
heh.

 
At 04 April, 2006 08:30, Blogger cadbury_vw said...

i try to avoid any large store on saturday or sunday afternoon

people get soooooo aggressive trying to get there in their cars and then inside the store as well

i just hate being surrounded by unthinking consumerist zombies who don't actually have any idea of why they are at the store, or what they may be looking for, they are just fulfilling some inner need to be there...

P.S. i like Target as a store

 
At 04 April, 2006 09:15, Blogger terry said...

cadbury, i usually skip these scenes on weekend days as well... i think the rain me forget how much i hate crowds when i shop!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->