Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Monday, March 27, 2006

Oh, goody...


It's raining again.

We're about to break a record here in the Bay Area, for the rainiest March ever. EVER. So it's not just my imagination.
Looking forward to another moist commute home.

(I hate the word moist. I use it here to demonstrate how irritated I am.)

Click here for a most excellent haiku about the rain.

Also irritating? Someone stole the toothpaste I keep in my drawer at work. If I could identify the culprit, I'd go breathe on them so they could experience my nasty-ass post-coffee, post-lunch, breath.
Is nothing sacred, people?

And on a serious note, please keep a good thought in your head and heart for my neighbor Tim, who got hauled off to the emergency room by ambulance last night. He ended up in the ER a few weeks ago with chest pains, and in the ensuing testing, doctors found a tumor on his adrenal gland. Surgery was scheduled for this Wednesday, but he was feeling so terrible yesterday -- and having more terrible chest pains -- so his wife called 911.

As he was being wheeled out by the paramedics, all pale and weak, he calls out to his wife, "Honey, I'll be right back," in an effort to comfort HER.

Broke. My. Heart.

Hoping he will be back soon.

9
At 27 March, 2006 16:36, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

Here's to Tim...I hope everything is all right. Keep us updated!

Moist? I can think of a few other words I enjoy a little more than that one...although under the right circumstances...moist COULD be a good thing.

Now send some rain my way. All of my damn flowers are dyingggggg of thirst because I suck at remembering to water them!

 
At 27 March, 2006 17:49, Blogger SignGurl said...

I hope Tim's alright. That's terrible.

We are having a strange winter here in Michigan. Hardly any snow all season. I'm a little afraid of what summer will bring.

 
At 27 March, 2006 22:13, Blogger DZER said...

I'm hoping along with you *hugs*

 
At 28 March, 2006 09:20, Blogger terry said...

buddha, you're MORE than welcome to have some of our rain! we're supposed to have plenty more before this week is out.
can't. take. it.

signgurl, i think the storms must be getting stalled out here or something...! maybe you could do a snowdance or something and help us out?

and thanks, all of you, for the nice thoughts about tim.

 
At 28 March, 2006 10:59, Blogger sassinak said...

we're having teh same weather... it's cause the jet stream is fucked up. they're getting snow in italy and it's raining in canada...

ah got to love environmental disaster.

i hope your friend is okay.

 
At 28 March, 2006 11:33, Blogger terry said...

sass, i might succumb to seasonal affective disorder one of these days!

 
At 28 March, 2006 13:29, Blogger cadbury_vw said...

toothpaste stealers are bad people

i had to lock up my toothpaste at one job. it would go missing every 4 to 6 weeks. and I was the supervisor... well, senior tech

had to lock up my noodles and other stuff too

----

hope tim's ok

 
At 28 March, 2006 18:29, Blogger terry said...

perhaps, cadbury, we need to keep some "gag" toothpaste on hand... you know, the stuff with cayenne pepper in it??

i have to lock up my special chair, too...

 
At 28 March, 2006 21:55, Blogger sassinak said...

i have that chair under my ass right now and i haven't had the job in years.

tragically mine kind of sucks.

vancouver gets me SAD like every february. it's why i left. damm place was grey for months on end.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->