Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Laundry rant # 706...


Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm writing about laundry again.
Listen, laundry's a big pain in my ass. Especially with all the spilling of food and beverages on my clothing.

So this evening, I drag all my shit over to the laundromat to find several new washing machines there. Cool.

Except they're more expensive than the old ones. 50 cents more per load.
And these machines are no larger than the old ones.
Okay, I tell myself, the owner's got to recoup his costs. I get that.

Except he also raised prices on all the old machines, by a quarter per load.
That shit ain't right.

Interesting, too, that when he raised prices during our faux energy crisis a few years back, he never reduced them when energy costs dipped back down a bit.
I get the whole "charging what the market will bear" shit...but CRAP. This is getting out of hand.


Oh, and? Doing laundry when you're sleep deprived isn't such a great idea. I managed to leave about half of my whites at home, in the hamper. I just plum forgot about them. I must have gotten distracted by something shiny while sorting.
Fer crying out loud.

Bring on Friday!

*Okay, what is with that insane lady in that drawing? She looks so happy while doing her laundry. I want whatever drugs she's on.

14
At 23 March, 2006 19:58, Blogger Michelle said...

and she's SINGING or whistling or something. BITCH!!! Who does that when they do laundry??? LOL

 
At 23 March, 2006 20:13, Blogger terry said...

THANK you, chelle! that's what i'm saying!!

although... now that i think about it... occasionally, the "soft rock ((a contradiction in terms)), less talk" piece of shit radio station that's on in the laundromat plays a song i really like, and i find myself singing along quietly.... but that's just a reflex. it in no way reflects any positive feelings i have about laundry!

 
At 24 March, 2006 05:58, Blogger Michelle said...

LOL yeah..THATS different.....like I Might sing a tv commercial jingle or soemthing...but thats just cause the damn thing is stuck in my head or soemthing...lol Laundry sucks...plain and simple. and I do it for FIVE people!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 24 March, 2006 07:28, Blogger terry said...

chelle, i can't even imagine doing that much laundry.
i'd have to hurt someone...

 
At 24 March, 2006 07:40, Blogger DZER said...

laundry sucks ass. I have to do six loads this weekend. or four loads this weekend and two or three more later in the week ... bleah

 
At 24 March, 2006 07:43, Blogger terry said...

dz, you have my sympathy.

 
At 24 March, 2006 09:55, Blogger Queen of Cheese said...

She's happy because those are HER OWN PERSONAL WASHING MACHINES!

They live in her house. I'd whistle too if i had my own laundry room.

 
At 24 March, 2006 10:11, Blogger terry said...

oh, cheese... one day, our fantasy of personal washers and dryers will come true...

one day...

 
At 24 March, 2006 10:19, Blogger Michelle said...

I have my own laundry room and my own personal washer and dryer.....and I dont whistle!!! Guess what? Laundry still sucks!! LOL

 
At 24 March, 2006 10:35, Blogger SignGurl said...

LMAO at all of the above!

 
At 25 March, 2006 22:14, Blogger sassinak said...

i love doing laundry

really i do. noone will read this cause there's a new post already and still, here i sit loving the laundry.

as long as it's IN the same building i live in i love it. the second i have to leave the building ???

SO MUCH HATE

 
At 26 March, 2006 12:40, Blogger terry said...

okay, sass, i can see why maybe you'd be able to tolerate laundry, if the machines are in your own building... but loving it???

and still, i remember the days of living at home and being able to throw a few things in the machine whenever i damn well felt like it. *sigh...

 
At 27 March, 2006 04:22, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

I don't know what the cartoon chick's on...all I know is that when I had to go out to do my laundry, I was one mean wench. Dragging my dirty stuff out, sitting in public while it washed/dried, and dragging it back home again always put me in a hell mood.

 
At 27 March, 2006 08:27, Blogger terry said...

buddha, i'm SO with you on that....bleah...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->