Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkk!


I spotted a mouse in my apartment the night before last.

It scampered from an area behind my loveseat to the spot behind my TV, across the room from where I was sitting.

I didn't emit a girly scream, but I wanted to. I did pick my feet up off the floor immediately and felt like I wanted to throw up. Especially since it was too late to go buy a mouse trap.

I had visions of the little guy (or girl) wreaking havoc on my home (or ME!) while I slept. So I closed the doors between my bedroom and the other half of my apartment.

Like the mouse that somehow got into an apartment on the second floor of the building would be deterred by those...

Blech. My skin gets all itchy every time I think about it (like right now, even though I'm at work), and my hairs stand on end.

I bought a couple of traps yesterday -- the kind that don't make you watch the mouse die, or see its corpse -- and was too icked out this morning to even check. (This is one of those times I wish I had a fella around, so I could make him deal with it.)

And now I'm icked out by the possibility that there's a dead mouse in my living room.

BLEAH.

The funny thing is, if I saw a little mouse like this outside, I wouldn't even flinch. It's the fact that it's in... my... HOME. Where did it come from, anyway??

BLEAH. I'M SO GROSSED OUT!

9
At 25 April, 2006 15:48, Blogger cadbury_vw said...

at least it wasn't a rat

(aren't i a big help?)

 
At 25 April, 2006 17:00, Blogger Jon said...

r at least it didn't scamper across your bed while you were asleep. Trust me, you wake up very quickly.

 
At 25 April, 2006 17:48, Blogger DZER said...

I agree with cadbury ... I had a rat in my apartment once (not to mention the snake) ... luckily I went after it and saw how it got in and out, and blocked up the hole for the dryer exhaust.

 
At 25 April, 2006 18:50, Blogger JMai said...

Too funny... I can't deal with bugs of any kind but for some reason I'm not all icked out by mice. Of course I don't have any in my home, so...

I did once, though, when I was still living in Queens. I was studying for an exam so I was being all quiet and I saw it scamper across the kitchen floor. I DID emit a girly scream, and ran for the super, who wanted to put down sticky traps, which I opposed as inhumane. But I let him put down poison.

I didn't realise at the time that I was dealing with Mighty Mouse. I believe he may still live in that apartment to this day.

 
At 25 April, 2006 18:59, Blogger Queen of Cheese said...

Are you sure you don't want to borrow Noodle and Messy? They'll keep you safe!!

I got my first SF cat Scrappy (who ended up running away. Why Scrappy why??) after I found a DEAD MOUSE IN MY BED. We'd seen live ones in this particular flat on Baker Street but this was the straw that broke the camel's back. ugh! But once Scrappy came ... NO MORE MICE EVER!

 
At 26 April, 2006 05:52, Blogger sassinak said...

yeah cats rock for that

alternately get one of those plug-in sound based ones... they fuck up radio reception so turning off during the day is optional but they totally work...

mice away and no death

 
At 26 April, 2006 05:52, Blogger sassinak said...

and those sticky ones are VILE

 
At 26 April, 2006 13:30, Blogger terry said...

yeah, cadbury... thanks!!

jon... EEEUW! don't even go there.

dzer.... fucking BLEAH!!

jmai... mighty mouse. that's funny. and the sticky traps seemed inhumane to me, too. not to mention... I DON'T WANT TO SEE A MOUSE STRUGGLING FOR ITS LIFE!!

miss cheese, i'm still completely grossed out by your tale. i want to throw up every time i think about it...!

and the cats i used to have were terrible mousers. we had a mouse once in the old apartment, and they did nothing to chase it away or protect me..

and sass, i might have to go look for one of those. there's been no sign of the mouse since i set the traps.... so either it was just a one-time visit, or this mouse doesn't like peanut butter.

 
At 26 April, 2006 17:55, Blogger DZER said...

you owe me a quarter.

and it's fucking bleahâ„¢

;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->