Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Monday, April 24, 2006

These are a few of my least favorite things...

Finally getting around to Jmai's tag...

Colour: Brown. At least in terms of my clothing and home decor. Boring!

Time of Day: The moment the alarm goes off. An expletive usually comes to mind.

Day of Week: Monday's a strong candidate, but I think Tuesdays are even worse. As Jmai herself put it, there's still too much of the work-week left. And I usually start feeling the sleep deprivation on Tuesdays.

Month: January, because all the holiday fun and frivolity is over, and there's usually nothing to look forward to. Plus, it's usually when we get our worst weather. But this year, I took a very fun little trip in January, so it's hard to say.

Holiday: I was going to say Easter, because I'm not a religious person, so this doesn't matter to me... but there's chocolate involved, so never mind. Umm... I can't get all that excited about Memorial Day, though it's nice to have a three-day weekend, assuming I can get the day off. And like Jmai, I don't find Columbus Day particularly interesting...

Food: Tomatoes. I like tomato sauce, and soup, and even ketchup. But tomatoes in their unadulterated form? BLECH. I'm pretty sure it's a texture issue. A close second is cilantro, which I despise in any form. As Dzer would say, fucking bleah. GAH.

Movie Genre: Action/adventure. Zzzzzzzzzz. Not my thing.

Actor: Tom Cruise. Okay, I DID like him in "Interview with the Vampire," but I find him utterly annoying on every level. On and off screen.

Actress: Julia Roberts. Talk about overrated. I've never understood why she's considered as special as she is.

Film: "The Usual Suspects." I thought it was boring as hell, and I KNEW who Keyser Soze as soon as I saw Kevin Spacey. It doesn't help that I waited until it came out on video, and had already heard all the hype (which is why I knew of the big mystery surrounding Keyser Soze's identity in the first place). Plus, I remember being in a foul mood when I watched it. Now, had I liked the film, it would have lifted me out of that mood, which is why I watched it in such a state. Where the fuck was all that great dialogue I'd read about??

TV Program: "Deadwood." Oh my GOD. The two episodes I watched amounted to the longest two hours of my life. Stultifying.

Sport: Golf. Unless there are little windmills involved.

Animal: Rats/mice. Ick. EEK.

Character trait: Arrogance. Arrogant people make me want to pole holes in their egos.

Body Part: Uhhh... I really can't think of how to answer this one. Okay, how about feet? Stinky, moist feet? Yuck.

Piece of Clothing: Pantyhose. Hate 'em, but they're a necessary evil when you're as pale and lumpy as I am.

Music: This is a toughie, as I like music in all genres... but I'd have to go with really twangy country music, and most opera.

State to Drive Through: I've only really driven through California, which is, as you know, the size of several states. Now, when I was little, we used to drive from Virginia to Connecticut all the time, but I was too young to remember most of those drives. Can I just say Delaware and be done with it?

Sound: The alarm going off. An expletive usually comes to mind.

Tagging...... anyone who wants to do this. It's fun!

11
At 24 April, 2006 12:26, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

Ha! I'm with you on the state thing, Terry! I LOATHE Delaware. I used to drive through that armpit several times a year while driving to vacation spots or back and forth to college. Ugh. No thanks!

 
At 24 April, 2006 12:33, Blogger terry said...

that's hilarious, buddhagirl, as the ONLY state i remember driving through was delaware... and the memory felt negative!

thanks for reinforcing my very faint memory...

 
At 24 April, 2006 15:02, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, come on...twangy country music? It's my new favorite. HA! I agree with you except that I do like it a little bit...just a little and not twangy.

Loved this post by the way. Too funny!

 
At 24 April, 2006 20:11, Blogger Michelle said...

lol this is a cool list!!! I love your answers! hehe I might just have to "steal" this and use it on my own. :)

BTW>.I'm with you on the Tom Cruise thing....he used to rock my world, now I think he is a complete moron!! lol

 
At 24 April, 2006 20:13, Blogger DZER said...

1. I can't believe you spelled "color" the non-American English way. LOL

I hear you on the alarm.

But January's my birthday!!!

I'm not a big-fan of cilantro. But have you ever had a ripe tomato straight off the plant? delicious!!

I think Julia Roberts gets by on that quirky laugh.

(not getting into the golf thing)

nice list ... always interesting to learn more :)

 
At 24 April, 2006 20:14, Blogger DZER said...

also ... I can't believe I started my response list with a number and then didn't follow through LOL

 
At 25 April, 2006 10:03, Blogger Jon said...

I am the same way with tomatoes and Tom Cruise. Maybe we should throw all our tomatoes at him.

Pantyhose suck because they are too difficult to take off... not from me silly, from you

 
At 25 April, 2006 10:13, Blogger terry said...

jeannette, i'd forgotten you were in the land of country music now! the twang just kills me.

chelle, i gotta say... tom's never rocked my world... and now he just makes me want to vomit. and steal away! i've stolen this myself!

dzer, LMAO! i wouldn't have even noticed the abandoned numbering had you not mentioned it. better than switching from numbers to letters...
and all tomatoes suck, unless they've been smashed to bits. blech.
and see, i knew there was a reason i couldn't completely hate january...

jon, excellent idea, with the tomatoes. and maybe we could strangle him with some pantyhose, too.

 
At 25 April, 2006 10:37, Blogger Shannon Morgan said...

State to drive through: Ohio, hands down. It's always wider than I think it is. And everyone seems stoned, which is probably a survival mechanism in Ohio, who knows?

Glad I found your blog! Stop by daily pie for more dorkdom and link love...

 
At 25 April, 2006 13:42, Blogger terry said...

nomadshan, i'll remember that if i ever have the drive through ohio...

nice to meet a fellow dork! i'll be stopping by...

 
At 25 April, 2006 18:47, Blogger JMai said...

Haha "colour" ... I'm not sure when I stopped spelling the American way but I stick by my choices and I think your copy/paste tool fell victim to it!

Also, opera music sucks. I think I dislike it so because I have no idea what they're on about. But I like GOING to the opera. Hm!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->