Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Thursday, April 27, 2006

So cruel...

Someone among the powers that be at work decided it was a good idea to replace the flaw-enhancing fluorescent light over the mirror in the women's bathroom with an even BRIGHTER super-duper flaw-enhancing light that makes me look even more hideous than before.

Thanks. Thanks a whole lot. It's a good thing I colored my hair last night, as these lights highlight every gray I have. (And I have many, as I've written before. )

My home bathroom lighting is so much more flattering. The lightbulb has a pinkish hue, giving me a rosy glow. So much nicer. Why can't we have one of these at work?


Okay, but the real puzzlement for me today is this: what is it with guys and their saliva? WHY do so many men think it's socially acceptable to spit in public?

ON THE SIDEWALK?

WHERE, you know, PEOPLE WALK?

Seriously. Do men have such an excess amount of phlegm or some other mystery fluids that they simply must haul off and expel it wherever they happen to be? Noisily? And frequently?

Dis. Gus. Ting.

I don't think I've ever seen a woman behave in this manner. And even when I've been really sick, and probably SHOULD spit up a phlegmball I've coughed up, I don't do it IN PUBLIC. WHERE PEOPLE WALK.

We're living in a society, people...

13
At 27 April, 2006 17:07, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

*gag*
Spitting like that is gross. I was behind some social reject at a stop sign the other day. He opened his door, leaned out, hocked up a loogie, and shut the door before driving off.

I have one thing to say to that:
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

 
At 27 April, 2006 18:18, Blogger JMai said...

Men are just gross people.

And I kinda like the bathroom lights for just that reason... I often search for the greys and take note of where they are so I can pluck them when I get home.

So sad, I know.

 
At 27 April, 2006 19:41, Blogger terry said...

buddhagirl, that is NASTY. that clown should have kept his phlegm to himself.

jmai, if i plucked 'em all, i'd be bald... ! damned age + genetics..

 
At 27 April, 2006 22:08, Blogger sassinak said...

1 i like my grey hair
2 if i just can't NOT spit? sewer grate. seems only appropriate. otherwise the street or a planter.

and the sidewalk thing? FUCKING WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


and why are they allergic to kleenex?

 
At 28 April, 2006 06:39, Blogger Michael B said...

totally agree with you re: spitting. even worse, though...how sports guys (usually baseball players) blow their nose onto the ground by closing on nostril closed and honking out the other side. i promise...i have NEVER done either...

 
At 28 April, 2006 06:40, Blogger Michael B said...

oops...sorry for the typos...i'm still a bit of a zombie from yesterday's work schedule

 
At 28 April, 2006 08:32, Blogger terry said...

sass, i think i'd be alright if there was just a little gray. but if i let it go, my hair would be mostly gray, based on what my roots look like. i'm just not ready for that yet... and i don't think my face is, either.

and shroom, i'm so sleepy i didn't even notice any typos on my first read-through! i should be in my jammies today.

 
At 28 April, 2006 08:36, Blogger sassinak said...

terry: funny, sometimes when women let the grey out and get some suitable highlights they look younger... and sometimes they don't

and micheal? WORD!

 
At 28 April, 2006 08:46, Blogger terry said...

sass, that's very true. i've seen plenty of stunning women with lots of gray... but they generally have different coloring than i do.

i'm sooooo pale that i think the gray would just wash me out even more.

but one day, i'm going to be sick of the coloring and WILL just let it go. not yet. i'm too young to be that gray!!

 
At 28 April, 2006 11:15, Blogger Shannon Morgan said...

michael b: I have to admit to committing the "farmer blow" while backpacking - can't always have kleenex handy on the trail - but I always tell Dave not to look!

sassinak: I'm with you - I love my grays - I figure I've earned them.

 
At 28 April, 2006 13:53, Blogger terry said...

maybe,nomadshan, you and sass would be happy with MY grays... and then i could be rid of them!!

 
At 28 April, 2006 18:44, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so i dont know if you want a male perspective on the spitting thing but a lot of us think its disgusting as well. i would swallow the fly that found its way into my mouth before i would snork up a juicy one on the sidewalk.
Also grey hair can be sexy, be proud.

 
At 28 April, 2006 19:31, Blogger terry said...

nomadshan's LH, i definitely appreciate the male perspective on this.. and all subjects, really.

i particularly like the use of the words "snork up a juicy one." that made me snort...!

and i agree -- gray can definitely be sexy. on both sexes. just not on me.. ;)
not yet, anyway.

then again, i am dorky, no matter what i do...not sexy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->