Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Monday, May 01, 2006

My next husband...

This only makes me love him more.

Yes, I know he's married.
And that he hasn't even met me yet.
But still... I think he's the one.

Come on... speaking in typos? Colberto Reporto Gigante? His 80's music video? Formidable Opponent? Is there anyone funnier?

It makes me so proud that the zoo here has named a baby eagle after him.

And on another subject, that goddamned mouse (or an accomplice) made an appearance in my kitchen last night. As one of my friends likes to say... VOMITOUS!

Apparently, this mouse likes to show up just before I go to bed on Sundays just to freak me out and keep me from sleeping.

Time to move the traps... and then bleach every surface of my kitchen!

BLEAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!

I swear, everytime I even think about that mouse, I get all itchy... !!

16
At 01 May, 2006 12:33, Blogger Jon said...

Colbert rocks!!

994 days woohoo!

It's time to get midevil with the mouse. Get a standard mouse trap and bait it with peanut butter. Works everytime

 
At 01 May, 2006 13:45, Blogger terry said...

the traps i have are baited with peanut butter. i think this guy doesn't like my brand of PB...

 
At 01 May, 2006 14:03, Blogger Shannon Morgan said...

I love that Colbert's angle is lampooning clueless right-wingers by playing one of them. Because some of them are bound to think he's a member of the club. In fact, that's probably how he got invited to speak in the first place. Heh.

If your kitchen was a Hollywood movie, the mouse would be a former tenant - your soulmate, of course - reincarnated as a household pest. Hijinks ensue!

 
At 01 May, 2006 14:09, Blogger terry said...

nomadshan... i KNOW! it's too good. too funny.

plus, i think he's damned cute.

and i'm laughing out loud at your movie/mouse scenario.

guess i'm jinxing my romantic future by KILLING THIS MOUSE.

i'm all ITCHY AGAIN.

 
At 01 May, 2006 16:57, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

You need my co-worker, W, to pay your place a visit. We get all sorts of field mice in my area of the school because we're sort of in the 'basement.'

She's 'murdered' more than a handful of those suckers this year! (The STUDENTS called it murder! Can you believe those ungrateful buggers?)

 
At 01 May, 2006 17:27, Blogger DZER said...

colbet is a genius!! I'm soooooo hoping he interviews the representative from Guam for "You Better Know a District."

and the mouse is more afraid of you than you are of it ...





... OK, not really ;)

 
At 01 May, 2006 20:21, Blogger terry said...

buddhagirl, send in the cavalry!

murder. i'd like to see how the students would handle a mouse scampering across their belongings.

pardon me a moment, i have to go scratch every inch of my body now.

hey, dz, stephen talked to the rep from the virgin islands, so i'm sure he'll do guam...!

haha, re: the mouse. HA FUCKING HA.

 
At 01 May, 2006 21:14, Blogger Jon said...

Got an itch you need me to scratch?

 
At 02 May, 2006 07:31, Blogger terry said...

always, jon... always...

 
At 02 May, 2006 08:05, Blogger sassinak said...

terry go buy one of those sound generators... no dead mice and no live mice either...

 
At 02 May, 2006 10:23, Blogger terry said...

sass, i think i'm gonna have to.

i will not tolerate vermin!

 
At 02 May, 2006 10:35, Blogger cadbury_vw said...

mouse trap

one of the new designs like:

the picture

the page

work really well

according to my buddy who does it for a living the best bait for small rodents in that trap is Cheesies

yes, really

it worked in our garage and around the outside of our house

 
At 02 May, 2006 13:43, Blogger terry said...

cad, do my eyes deceive me... or is that... a small guillotine??

i'm laughing now because i was just thinking... i'm just about ready to set up a small guillotine in my kitchen!!

and cheesies... am i stupid? what are cheesies? anything like our cheez-its? or cheez-nips? cheetos? have i missed a cheese-related snack product?

 
At 03 May, 2006 02:53, Blogger Suze said...

Terry, my cat brought a live one in to the lounge the other day. Why do cat's think it's a good idea to take a snack home to mummy. LOL.

 
At 05 May, 2006 20:23, Blogger cadbury_vw said...

ok - google tells me "cheesies" is a Canadianism...

"Cheesies, as opposed to cheese…doodles, I think."

from: Canadian Oxford Dictionary affirms national identity

A picture of some cheesies

another pictures of cheesies...

 
At 05 May, 2006 22:18, Blogger terry said...

cadbury, i love that your comments are always so thorough and include reference material....!
i'm baiting the traps i have with everything now, just to see what the hell works...


and suze, what IS that about??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->