Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Friday, May 26, 2006

TFFW...

...or, too funny for words.

A friend of mine e-mailed me today to tell me that a couple of young musicians I met the other day as they dropped off some materials for an upcoming interview thought I was, and I quote here, "the bomb."

That's the funniest goddamned thing I've heard all week. (And you shoulda seen these guys. They're so young and fresh and enthusiastic and cute, it almost hurts.)
Of course, they happen to know that this friend of mine IS a friend of mine, so naturally they'd say something nice. Still. I got a good laugh out of it.

Hey, isn't it great when the way you think about a subject that has long vexed you changes? Something that you've gone around and around with in your brain and in your heart countless times? (No, I'm not talking about that thing I was being cryptic about in my last post. It's something else to be cryptic about.) Then something happens, and you feel a shift in your brain, and everything suddenly looks different?

It's so freeing.

It's like I've freed up space on my hard drive for new material.

Bring it on, world.

(Oh, and about that other thing? More hoops to jump through. *Sigh.)

11
At 26 May, 2006 19:30, Blogger DZER said...

but you ARE the bomb!

drop your payload on those young studs! Be their personal weapon of mass seduction!

Heh.

 
At 26 May, 2006 19:41, Blogger sassinak said...

i LOVE when that happens!

love it

 
At 26 May, 2006 19:47, Blogger terry said...

aw, dzer, thanks. ;)
their personal weapon of mass seduction?? i think i might be nearly twice their age...

sass, i agree. i've been cracking up about it all day.

 
At 26 May, 2006 20:33, Blogger terry said...

oh.. sass... did you mean the shift? or the bomb?

(hi. i'm lame.)

 
At 26 May, 2006 21:09, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

Don't you mean da bohmmmmmm?

Say it with me...c'mon.

As for that freeing moment...Yes yes yes!!!

Now...on to the hoops! I'm sure you could put a circus monkey to shame! Show 'em whatcha working with!

 
At 26 May, 2006 21:18, Blogger terry said...

BG, you are the BEST cheerleader! thank you. really.

da bomb. *snortalicious!

 
At 27 May, 2006 05:20, Blogger DZER said...

psst ... the young fellas WANT a more mature woman ... teach them well ... LOL

 
At 27 May, 2006 07:43, Blogger JMai said...

Terry, just based on what I read in your posts and your comments, you ARE the bomb. Why shouldn't a bunch of young musicians think you're a hip, fun lady? Far as I can tell, they're right on target!

 
At 27 May, 2006 11:59, Blogger terry said...

oh dzer....i don't WANT to be anyone's teacher.

who am i kidding? if one of these young'uns made a move, i'd be all over 'em...!

jmai, you're so cute. it's just hard for me to see this over-40 chubby girl as the bomb to ANYONE, much less adorable 20-somethings.

although i seem to be quite popular among the senior set, since i get a lot of attention from much older fellas these days...
OY.

 
At 29 May, 2006 20:11, Blogger sassinak said...

okay dude that's it
let's see a tight t-shirt/jeans pic

i don't believe your chubby from your profile pic.

and i meant the shift but the other is funny too

 
At 29 May, 2006 21:14, Blogger terry said...

sass, that's why that pic IS my profile pic...! it's the most flattering photo taken of me in years, in an oddly askew way.

chubby is the polite way to describe myself.

and yes, the shift is great. truly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->