Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Tom Petty was right...

The waiting really IS the hardest part. (And I don't even like Tom Petty...)

But this horoscope gives me hope:

While you have your doubts about your abilities, a certain someone has none at all. Let their confidence bolster you. And it certainly wouldn't hurt to make like the Little Engine That Could. Start chanting, 'I know I can.'

Yes, I know I'm being cryptic. I will explain as soon as I have some news.

Instead, I will meander from point to point...

Hey, what's the point of going to bed at a decent hour when you end up tossing and turning for the better part of two hours? Cripes. I did everything right yesterday, too. I worked out. I had a light dinner. I was ready for some sleep. At least I stayed asleep, once I finally reached the land of nod. I should be grateful for that.

Apparently, my cocktail shaker is trying to save me from myself. I made myself a cosmo last night, to have with dinner. Really... just ONE. (And as you know now, that means two to normal people, with small cocktail glasses.) But I couldn't get the lid of the damned shaker off, after the shaking! Nothing I did -- and I tried everything -- would allow me to get the tasty beverage out! So I threw the whole thing in the freezer in frustration, and will see if I can make any progress tonight, which is laundry night.
I'll need a drink after that. And possibly, a new shaker...

Didn't I tell you this would happen, after seeing the pre-Broadway version here?

NEW YORK (AP) - They're driving a stake through the heart of ``Lestat.''
The $10 million Elton John-Bernie Taupin musical inspired by Anne Rice's ``The Vampire Chronicles'' will close Sunday after a disappointing run of 39 performances.
The show opened April 25 to negative reviews and has seen its box-office grosses steadily sink since then.

Why is this week taking so long? I thought yesterday was Wednesday. That's never a good sign.

13
At 24 May, 2006 15:50, Blogger cadbury_vw said...

looking forward to some good news from the person who has confidence in you

a new job?

a raise?

both?

 
At 24 May, 2006 16:00, Blogger JMai said...

Well! Looks like I'm not the only one who's been holding out!

I wonder if some simple home remedies would cure your sleeping woes? A glass of warm milk with a shot of vanilla and cinnamon, maybe? A warm bath?

That's kinda weird about your shaker... at the last big party I threw, someone was using my shaker to make apple martinis (yakk) and somehow, somewhere in the mix, the cap to the shaker disappeared. It was a cheapo shaker but it was one of those with the lines for the recipes of popular drinks. I have a pretty one from Pier 1 now, but I miss that cheapo one.

 
At 24 May, 2006 19:06, Blogger terry said...

cadbury... shhh. ;)
i don't want to jinx anything by yapping about it all prematurely, since i've really no idea what my real chances are, but yes... it's something along those lines.

jmai, i think my sleeping trouble is largely hormonal. i'm pretty sure i'm PERI-MENOPAUSAL!! i have other symptoms, too. the sleep trouble is the most annoying.

a cocktail shaker is useless without the cap...! i think one of your party-goers owes you...

i honestly don't know why mine is sealed shut all of a sudden.
i was able to finally pry the top off, though the cap -- where the little holes are, for you to pour yummy drink through? will NOT come off to save my life. and this is my "nice" one. sheesh.

 
At 24 May, 2006 20:20, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

Ahem.

*note to self* Buy Terry a new shaker. She deserves it.

Also, take out the anti voo doo doll and shake it in Terry's direction. Only good will come from that.

(Can't wait to hear the STUPENDOUS news!!!)

 
At 24 May, 2006 23:10, Blogger sassinak said...

dude soak the shit out of it when you finally get it off... probably something grew on. but i really don't get it... when i bartended i NEVER had that problem and every home shaker i've ever used did.

 
At 25 May, 2006 06:01, Blogger JMai said...

It's a conspiracy to keep us all spending $11 on bar drinks instead of making them at home!

 
At 25 May, 2006 10:41, Blogger terry said...

bg, here's hoping there IS some stupendous news. and thanks for the assistance from the anti-voodoo doll! i can use all the help i can get.

sass, that's a good idea. it's funny, though... i've used this shaker a heck of a lot more in the past than i have lately, so i don't know why it's stuck NOW.

i managed to get the top off, but not the cap. that thing is not budging.

and my cosmo was, of course, all watered down, since the ice had melted by the time i was able to get the top off. jeez.

jmai, i HATE paying that much for a cocktail! it's soooo wrong. that's how one of my fave bars -- the one with the ginormous cocktails and the leftovers in the shaker -- became one of my faves. they used to charge something like 6 or 7 bucks for what was the equivalent of 2 1/2 drinks. yow! those were good times.

 
At 25 May, 2006 15:42, Blogger terry said...

lil'sis, i'd be happy to make you one... ! come on over!

thanks for the good karma. i can use all i can get!

 
At 25 May, 2006 19:13, Blogger DZER said...

this week has flown by for me ... one crisis after another ... be glad when it's sunday!

 
At 26 May, 2006 01:54, Blogger DZER said...

tom was also right when he said "stop draggin' my heart around"

... he's so underrated ... I likes the Heartbreakers ....

 
At 26 May, 2006 07:43, Blogger terry said...

dz, i woke up thursday with a short-lived feeling of relief... "ahh, it's friday..."
moments later, i realized i was oh-so-wrong... and i was bummed...

and the only tom petty song i actually like is "don't do me like that."
i have a co-worker who's a major petty fan and i just don't get it. to each his own!

 
At 26 May, 2006 14:04, Blogger sassinak said...

but dude
it's friday NOW

and you have a long weekend.

 
At 26 May, 2006 14:33, Blogger terry said...

if i had any energy left, sass, i'd be doing a happy dance...

but YAAAAY!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->