Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Whee!!!


Kimmy, Dorky, Julie and Guppy celebrate Macaroni Season on Splash Mountain at the Magic Kingdom.

(This is the only semi-normal picture of us from the rides, by the way. The rest were hilarious, in a really scary kind of way. REALLY.)

More details later, but I just had to post a few notes from the road trip itself.

Most disturbing sign:
This message, on an 18-wheeler I saw on the drive down Friday:
"Please Drive Carefully
Because Heaven Can Wait.
Batesville Casket Company"
No joke. I laughed out loud. Until I started seeing it over and over again. And remembered it was Friday the 13th.
Second most disturbing sign:
On the Grapevine, southbound: "Break Check Ahead."
Uhh... does Caltrans not have spellcheck? (or is that "spell check?")
Best road music:
"Guero," Beck. What the hell took me so long to buy this CD? I loooooove it. And I rediscovered my love for "Whatever and Ever Amen," Ben Folds Five.
Most surprising commentary about my trip:
Two different people at the wedding I attended reacted with shock when they learned I drove from SF to SD alone. "REALLY?" Both were surprised that a woman would embark on such a long drive, solo. Huh? I've done it countless times over the past 20 years. What's the big deal?
And what a shock -- I've returned to find it raining at home! Oh well.

3
At 18 January, 2006 00:19, Blogger Jon said...

Looks like you had fun. I wish I was there.

 
At 18 January, 2006 16:38, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! None of you have changed one bit since high school! I love the picture. What's this about a woman driving alone? Are we NOT supposed to do that? Don't even get me started. Looks like you had a blast and can't wait to hear all about it. Oh, yeah, explain "Macaroni Season". Is this like Festivus? HA!

 
At 18 January, 2006 19:21, Blogger terry said...

i don't know what all that business was about the driving, either. and i love you for saying that about the picture...!
okay, macaroni season... this is going to be one of those "had to be there" (HTBT) jokes...
we were at the blue bayou, the restaurant that's inside the pirates of the caribbean. the menu said some of the items came with "seasonal vegetables." those items actually came with a macaroni salad... so we figured this must be macaroni season.
hahahahahahaha. HA. it was funny in context, believe me. no, really.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->