Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I might as well drink!

News item:

If you've every stumbled out of bed, and felt totally disoriented, a new study has found something you probably already know -- being groggy affects the brain as much as being drunk.
That disoriented feeling we get when waking up is called Sleep Inertia.
It's been studied before, and researchers have found it can last anywhere from just a couple of minutes to a couple of hours.
But, for the first time, researchers have looked at how sleep inertia impairs a person's ability to function.
"The effects of sleep inertia may be as bad as or worse than being legally drunk," study author Kenneth Wright of the University of Colorado said in a release.

Oh. Some of us already ARE:

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) - More than seven percent of American workers have a drink during the workday and even more have shown up for work with a hangover.

2
At 11 January, 2006 22:54, Blogger Jon said...

I am glad you slept

I am thinking we may me telepathically linked. I was so groggy this morning. I don't think I really woke up until about 10:30.

That sucked about the bus, but I'm glad you didn't have to walk farther.

 
At 12 January, 2006 08:27, Blogger terry said...

i never woke up... all day long...! egads. made laundry day really fun.

glad i'm not the only groggy one out there...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->