Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Ba da da da da da da...

....feeling groovy....

Well, not so much. But I'm trying to harness the power of positive thinking.

I saw my doctor yesterday, who tells me that all the stuff I'm feeling is completely normal for someone who's tapering off of klonopin. Brain chemistry and all. And then he told me about another patient who was taking TWELVE TIMES (!!) the amount that I was, then stopped cold turkey for a couple of days... and ended up in the emergency room, and almost ended up in the psych ward.
So I am grateful that that is not my experience.

It also turns out that another drug I'd taken for years -- an anti-inflammatory -- can raise the risk of heart attack and stroke much as Vioxx did, though not quite to that degree. Oh GOODY. I'm glad I've already stopped taking it. And last night, I tossed what I still had.

The good news is that I fell asleep with no problem last night. The bad news is that I woke up about 5 1/2 hours later -- about an hour and half before the alarm was to go off -- and couldn't get back to sleep. I tossed and turned so much that I felt like Elaine in that episode of "Seinfeld"* in which she and Jerry go to visit his parents in Florida, and she is so hot and uncomfortable on the sofa bed that she does a complete 360-degree flip. Makes me laugh out loud every time I see it, but it wasn't so funny when I re-enacted that scene over and over again at 3:30 this morning. I feel achy and worn out. And I look like crap.

I shouldn't complain; my friend Melissa was mugged in broad daylight yesterday. Luckily, she wasn't hurt, though she got knocked down. But I'm certain her psyche is hurting. Mine would be.

So my goal for the day is to remember to be grateful that I'm not in the ER, the psych ward, or at the police station, reporting a mugging.


*the episode entitled "The Pen." a classic.

1
At 10 January, 2006 20:59, Blogger Jon said...

I am glad that your side effects are "normal", but I wish you could get a good nights sleep.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}
for both you and Melissa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->