Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Quirk-o-Rama...

It's not just Valentine's Day... it's International Quirkyalone Day! And yes, I'm celebrating.

What the hell's a Quirkyalone? According to the site, it's "A person who enjoys being single (but is not opposed to being in a relationship) but generally prefers to be alone rather than dating for the sake of being in a couple. Quirkyalone is not anti-love. It is pro-love. It is not anti-dating. It is anti-compulsory dating. We tend to be romantics. We prefer to be single rather than settle. In fact, the core of quirkyalone is the inability to settle. We spend a signficant chunk of our lives single because we hold relationships to a high standard."


I didn't even realize I was a Quirkyalone until a few years ago, when Sass wrote about QAs and linked to this quiz.

Go take it now. How'd you do?

I got a score of 103. Which means I'm "Very Quirkyalone: Relatives may give you quizzical looks, and so may friends, but you know in your heart of hearts that you are following your inner voice. Though you may not be romancing a single person, you are romancing the world. Celebrate your freedom on National Quirkyalone Day, February 14th!?"

So yes, I'm celebrating. And yes, I remain a hopeful romantic. There may not be flowers or candy coming my way today, but I'm fine with that. And I'll go to hula class and sweat my ass off and try not to trip over my own feet and be happy spending my VDay evening doing something I love, with people I adore.

Hope you have reason to celebrate today, too.

3
At 15 February, 2008 11:00, Blogger Girl said...

I'm a 102! Who knew?

 
At 15 February, 2008 14:00, Blogger Miss Awesome said...

I got a 98! I've always known I was a quirkyalone in theory. It seems like there's always a guy though... and sometimes that makes me sad.

 
At 16 February, 2008 11:24, Blogger Normal Pie said...

i got a 98, how'd i score lower than you?!?!? i put the Q in quirky and the A in alone. i know what did it. my answer to #9 did me in. at first i tried not to answer it, cuz the two choices were two limiting. but they forced me to answer. damnitall.

but wait...why am i whining? why am i comparing numbers? i should be PROUD of my #98!!!

feel better terry. dinner was ggggrrrrrEATTTTTT (think tony the tiger's voice)

xo, rc

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->