Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Damned karma....

After having many laughs over this today...

(click on the image to make the video work)


  • ...the heel of my shoe got caught on a weird patch of paving in the garage at work and I fell. Scraped the hell out of my right hand, jammed my middle finger (heh) (doesn't appear to be broken but hurts like a mofo), skinned one knee, smacked the hell out of the other one and may have wrecked a pair of pants.
  • What IS IT with me and falling?? I've fallen more in the past three or four years than I have in the past two decades. I shudder to think what I'll be like when I get older. Assuming I don't die in a fall first.
  • I almost skipped hula tonight, because I hurt in many places, but we got worked so hard in class I couldn't even think about my injuries. Just had to focus on getting enough oxygen to keep from keeling over dead. But it's a good thing I went, because I suspect becoming immobile would only have made me hurt more tomorrow.
  • I guess I should stop finding that little clip so amusing.
Should.

9
At 01 February, 2008 06:30, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

poor li'l guy.

sorry about your injuries. falls like that usually point to a lack of attention to what's going on right now. are you preoccupied? perhaps you should let your mind take a break and just focus on what's in front of you.


just a thought.

yeharr

 
At 01 February, 2008 10:39, Blogger Foofa said...

See thats what you get for laughing at kids jumping onto concrete. Then again, I guess I'm in for it myself. Nevermind.

 
At 01 February, 2008 21:24, Blogger Laura said...

JESUS
falling is funny.
but its not this time!
becareful!
oh i sound like my grandma now.

 
At 02 February, 2008 05:49, Blogger Michael B said...

i'm just hoping your jammed middle finger isn't too damaged....god knows how useful it can be. btw, that video rocks!

 
At 02 February, 2008 07:29, Blogger Angela said...

Oh laura ... it's still funny. I couldn't help but laugh ... c'mon ... it's someone FALLING! Even if it is terry.

I know I know ... I'm going straight to hell. See you there!

 
At 02 February, 2008 09:23, Blogger Miss Awesome said...

It's so cute, yet so sad at the same time. Poor kid.

 
At 02 February, 2008 18:25, Blogger Normal Pie said...

last night i gave angela a ride home. it was dark, and the walk from sidewalk to her front door can be a bit touch & go, as the driveway is a bit funky. as i watched her walk (carefully) to her door in high heels, i opened the window to my car & shouted to her "i just realized i'm not waiting here to make sure you get in safely. i'm watching... just in case you fall. 'cuz it'll be, you know, funny." i am a loving aunt.

your garage fall (following your distribution of that kickass video of the kid who can't dive) reminded me of angela's driveway. hehe. feel better, terry. falling as a grownup is a drag. little kids do it so much better than we do. but we have atm cards and late bedtimes, so i think we win.

xo, rc

 
At 02 February, 2008 19:40, Blogger Cynthia said...

Hey there Terry, we haven't been in touch in a long while! I'm glad to know that your inner b**ch is alive and kicking! xo, cyn.

 
At 03 February, 2008 06:33, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

Holy hell! I adore that clip!

I think I'm gonna save that and send it to my friends at work. Thank you, dear Terry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->