Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Just a few random notes...

I have been chosen as the Customer of the Week at my Starbucks. I have never been so proud. Hey, it means free drinks all week! That's nothing to sneeze at.

I am running out of warm clothes to wear to work. We haven't had a cold* snap this long in awhile.

I went shopping with a friend last weekend at an outlet center and at one store, we managed to buy 8 pairs of shoes (between the two of us) for $100. You read that right. Best. Bargain. Ever.

Not only does my kitchen have a not-so-fresh aroma, thanks to the latest leaky ceiling episode, but the lobby of the building smells like rank feet, because the leak ended up going all the way through my apartment and down to that level.

That is all. For now. Must eat dinner.


*i know... I KNOW... you're in really cold weather. we're having daytime highs in the 40s, which is not typical here. it's california cold, that's all i'm saying!!

8
At 23 January, 2008 21:12, Blogger Laura said...

i know it has been so freakin cold, i cant even imagine living in weather colder than this! im spoiled by the bay area weather. thats awesome that u get free drinks all week! congrats on being a great customer, haha

 
At 24 January, 2008 02:56, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

CUSTOMER OF THE WEEK? Damn, I wish I could live your life this week...cold, stinky smells, and all.

And the BARGAIN shopping. I'm doubly jealous now, Terry.

Keep toasty warm...hopefully you'll have a break in the ooky weather.

 
At 24 January, 2008 03:31, Blogger Sturdy Girl said...

Congratulations on both the Starbucks award and the shoe success!

 
At 24 January, 2008 06:41, Blogger SignGurl said...

Ooo...shoes!! This is your lucky week!

 
At 24 January, 2008 11:18, Blogger Foofa said...

Wow, I get excited when one pair of shoes is less than $100. Customer of the week is the cutest thing ever.

 
At 24 January, 2008 16:04, Blogger Jeannette said...

The weather's weird, I mean really weird. Today's high was 45 degrees. WTF! I'm in HOUSTON! I thought of you today because I wore one of my pashminas. You've got me hooked.

Congrats on winning Customer of the Week. I wish you lots of lattes and many mochas!!

 
At 25 January, 2008 06:40, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

ummm...you ARE aware that you're allowed to wear clothes more than once?

congrats on the shoes. at least your feets will be warm. why didn't you spend some of that hunnert bucks on sweaters?

16 degrees here. Fahrenheit i'm thinking about riding my bike.

yeharr

 
At 29 January, 2008 21:53, Blogger Jon said...

So the leak filtered through the new shoes that made the lobby smell like feet? I would take the shoes back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->