Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Sunday, January 13, 2008

So unfair...

Why is it that it takes so long to build up to a certain fitness level, but almost no time at all to lose a ton of ground? Between the holiday busy-ness and getting sick (and no hula for two weeks), I am having a hell of a time. I went for a walk yesterday -- the first in a couple of weeks -- and it felt like I was slogging through mud. And I was, again, winded sooner than I should have been, just like in hula. Cripes. I'm not saying I was in marathon shape or anything... but I was doing a lot better than I am now.

But everything will be okay. Because you know what? You know what it means when this map* appears on my desk?

Yes, I've booked another trip to New York. I'd wanted to go this month or next, but there's way too much on my plate at work and at home to manage it before March. So that's when I'm going.
FOR AN ENTIRE WEEK. Oh my god. And I've finally made good on my attempt to stay someplace outside of Midtown. I'll be in Chelsea this time, right on the edge of the Village. And so close to Soho. And the purses and pashminas of Canal Street. And so many wonderful gluten-free dining (and bakery!) options.
I'm squeeing! I'll be squeeing even more once this upcoming week is over. I see a light at the end of the tunnel...
*best map ever, by the way. laminated, so it can't tear or blow around in the wind. smallish but detailed, folds like an accordion, fits easily in a purse. brilliant!

9
At 13 January, 2008 13:56, Blogger Sturdy Girl said...

oh my god - that's so great! Isn't it wonderful to have something to look forward to?

 
At 14 January, 2008 08:55, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

Cool! More pictures of faux pashmini's* coming up!

And yes, I love those streetwise maps. Very easy to use, and no one's gonna try and steal it from you like they would one of those hand-held GPS devices. And a hell of a lot cheaper too!

yeharr


*or pashimas, or pashnimas, or patchoulis, or whatever the hell those scarf thingies are called.

 
At 14 January, 2008 09:19, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

*sigh* Canal Street. Breathe some extra air for me, would you? I'm so excited for you, sister!

 
At 14 January, 2008 19:54, Blogger Jon said...

I am jealous of all the traveling you are doing. I WANNA GO!!!

 
At 14 January, 2008 21:14, Blogger sassinak said...

oh nice!

you be careful or you'll end up moving there. i wish i could take lessons from kathy grant in new york, i have to figure out how to do that.

dude i'm so glad for you! it's like your favourite place. oh and take comfort, the exercise comes back easy when you're used to it. no more than a month usually less...

:)

 
At 16 January, 2008 21:32, Blogger Laura said...

oh terry! you are gonna hve so much fun in NY. i am so jealous, i have yet to visit AND my best friend attends nyu! next time you talk to my mom nag her for not taking me! she keeps threatening a springtime trip but i dunno...

 
At 18 January, 2008 11:20, Blogger Natalia said...

Sqeeeee for you :)

I need a break too.

-N

 
At 20 January, 2008 06:33, Blogger Michael B said...

good times to come for tc. yeah! think about all of us back here while you're there, huh? HA

 
At 22 January, 2008 11:49, Blogger lattégirl said...

Sounds like a very cool location.

You make me want to go back to New York under MUCH better circumstances than the one and only time I went there. There's a blog story in itself. If I could just muster the energy to write it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->