Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Sunday, December 09, 2007

It's the most wonderful time...

....or something like that. (I like to sing that to friends when we witness people being cranky in the midst of some sort of holiday activity. Which seems to happen a lot. Hello, point-missers!)

So I was all set to go out and get myself a Christmas tree today when a) I realized that the notion of staying home relaxing was much more enticing, after a really busy week and a busy Saturday and b) I took a look at my calendar. It makes no sense for me to get a tree. Even though I'm not going out of town this year, I'm hardly going to be home to enjoy a tree between now and Christmas, between work, hula, and my social calendar.

Then I decided, amid my slothfulness, that I would at least get my non-tree holiday decor out. And then I realized I needed to clean house before putting more knick-knacks (or dust collectors, as my mom likes to call them) about, and then that would complicate future house cleanings, because there'd be more stuff to move and dust... and that idea sounded less appealing.

Is this how Scrooge got his start?

10
At 10 December, 2007 03:46, Blogger The Savage said...

I've always sung it as.... It's the most wonderful time for a beer.... That way I can sing it year round....

 
At 10 December, 2007 22:27, Blogger Laura said...

i love the holidays! i love decorating! u HAVE to get at least a small tree! im the anti scrooge. holidays are so happy and warm and family filled! and presents.heh.

 
At 11 December, 2007 00:16, Blogger Pat & Reg said...

LOL! I know just how you feel. Why bother messing stuff up and setting things up when you'll only have to put it all away again in a few weeks. I say grab a bottle of wine and enjoy someone else's holiday home. Then you can go home and bot worry about cleaning it up later!

 
At 11 December, 2007 06:29, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

There's a big difference between business and Scrooginess. You've got the spirit, and that's all that matters.

Go out and buy yourself a li'l fiber-optic tree and stick it in your window, play 'Charlie Brown Christmas' on your stereo, and sit down with a nice drink and kick back!

yeharr

 
At 11 December, 2007 10:38, Blogger Foofa said...

Decorating is overrated. Just get a pine scented candle or something.

 
At 11 December, 2007 23:53, Blogger terry said...

savage, i'm going to have to remember that!

but laura, if i got a tree, it would sit here all lonely and unlit most of the time, as no one will be here to enjoy it. so what's the point?

reg, i like the way you think!

pirate, it's pathetic -- i haven't even broken out my charlie brown or BNL or nat king cole christmas cds. i'm lame.

natalie, that's a good idea. i think i might just get some of my decorations out this weekend, though. maybe.

 
At 12 December, 2007 05:36, Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

I have the exact same thought process.

I really have to get it together here! My kids are even asking when we're going to get out the Christmas stuff!

We never stay here for the actual event though. Setting up my mom's house seems more important because we're there.

But I'll get at it. I'll get out the decorations. Just...later...

 
At 12 December, 2007 12:40, Blogger Pat & Reg said...

You know, at the grocery store near where I live, they sell cinnamon scented pine cones and brooms (why brooms I ask?). Last year, we bought the cones and spread them out all over the house. It was definately cheery and christmasy but without the trouble. AND the cones could be thrown into the fireplace or composted. How awesome is that?

 
At 13 December, 2007 17:23, Blogger Queen of Cheese said...

would you like an apple pie with that?

DING FRIES ARE DONE

 
At 15 December, 2007 14:57, Blogger Jon said...

I am the same this year. No decorations up. I can't get into Christmas this year. I haven't bought a single gift, and I am leaving for MI in a week. WTF am I going to do?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->