Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Somebody stop me...

I have gone shopping-crazy of late.

I've always been a clothes fiend. I LOVE to shop for clothes -- when I can find stuff that's flattering, that is. And in those years of extreme frugality, I didn't do much of that. I just couldn't. And I'd rarely shop unless a sale was underway (I'll always be a sucker for a bargain).

Now that my financial situation has changed, though... um... well... yeah. There's some pent-up desire that's been unleashed, that's for sure... and I keep finding really flattering clothing. I mean, there's stuff I've tried on and thought, DAMN. This looks GOOD on me. How can I not buy something that makes me feel like that?

I've even found a really cute dress for my company Christmas party - one I just love, and am not just tolerating. I can't wait to break it out.

It's so wonderful to have so many options to choose from on any given day. I can go forever without worrying about laundry. I even have some clothes now that make me look like I'm a professional and everything. Whoda thunk?

But I have to stop now. I think I've bought more new clothes and shoes in the past six months than I have in the past six years. It's time to stop.

For now. Well, once I get some boots to wear with this other really cute dress that gets rave reviews whenever I wear it. THEN I'm done. No really.

Then again, Black Friday approacheth...

10
At 12 November, 2007 09:16, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

You are hereby ordered to continue shopping. Tell the Fates and your bank account that it's in honor of me. If you can find flattering clothes and shoes, hell, sister, BUY THEM!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's to Black Friday!

 
At 12 November, 2007 10:59, Blogger Foofa said...

If the clothes are flattering, the shoes are hot, and the wallet isn't hurting then shop on sister...shop on.

 
At 12 November, 2007 13:47, Blogger SignGurl said...

I'm so happy that you are finding clothes that fit well and look great. You are right, how can you not buy them?

 
At 12 November, 2007 18:42, Blogger sassinak said...

my gay friend has a rule about clothing shopping... he says 'do they fit criteria?'

here's where you say 'what's criteria?'

and he says 'do they make you feel/look like a million bucks? then spend anything to have them... otherwise? 19.95 or less!'

 
At 12 November, 2007 18:47, Blogger Jon said...

OK... remember back not too far ago when you posted about cleaning out your closet? Are you going to need to do that again?

I want to see the rave review dress... come on woman, it's time to put out.

 
At 13 November, 2007 08:48, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

I don't remember the last time I bought clothes for myself, Outside of undewear.

I think it was sweatpants. In february. Of last year.

yeharr

 
At 13 November, 2007 16:22, Blogger Laura said...

OMG. that is so funny. this summer it was the same way for me and my mom. money wasnt so tight and BLAM! shopping all the freaking time. i love having so many clothes options, though! but now im cut off at college :( and the chico mall sucks! heh i shouldnt complain though.

 
At 14 November, 2007 07:26, Blogger Natalia said...

I bought 3 pairs of shoes yesterday. But one was a pair or flip flops and another one a pair of slippers. So maybe I am not that bad.

-N

 
At 15 November, 2007 15:27, Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

I'm really looking forward to going to the feed mill and buying myself some awesome brown canvas overalls to wear to the barn.

I'm not kidding! I'm so weird...

 
At 15 November, 2007 15:39, Blogger Pat & Reg said...

OMG, you are outta control. But what the hey? You went so long without, go for it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->