Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

A hoo-ha to remember??!?!

Saw the lady-parts doctor today, for my annual bout of humiliation in stirrups. The good thing is that I got to see the doc I used to have, years ago, before my insurance changed and would no longer cover visits with her. Since she's the best lady-parts doc EVER, I'm thrilled to have her back.

As thrilled as one can be, while sitting in a paper "gown," and sliding down so one's ass meets the end of the table.

She walked into the exam room, looked at me, and asked if we'd met before.

I was shocked, as it's been more than a decade since I've seen her. Yes, I told her, I used to be a patient of yours, years ago.

You have no idea how glad I was that she was looking at my face while we were having this conversation.

Oh, and as a parting gift, I received a copy of this:

Yes, it's for ladies of a certain age. Who are in or are approaching The Change. Could the name of the publication be more ridiculous?

It's my own fault; I mentioned that I thought I was peri-menopausal (it's possible, as much as ten years before), and she was just trying to be helpful.

Still. Get me my walker and warm up my rocking chair, kids! I'm officially old.

9
At 05 December, 2007 23:08, Blogger Jon said...

Don't you say it!!!! We're the same age and I am not ready to be wheeled off just yet.

 
At 05 December, 2007 23:15, Blogger terry said...

please be quiet, sir, and just turn your head and cough.

 
At 06 December, 2007 03:58, Blogger The Savage said...

You are only as old as you feel.... You feel 18 to me, dahling...

 
At 06 December, 2007 08:17, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

I've been getting the 'men our age' lectures from my doc for about ten years now. Pretty soon I'll start wearing my pants up around my ribcage.

Hey you kids! Get the hell off my lawn!

yeharr

 
At 06 December, 2007 09:33, Blogger Pat & Reg said...

Yikes! Pause? I've never heard of it. I guess that's a good thing. I'm going to buy you one of those little personal, battery-powered fans iwtht hte flippy blades. It'll keep you cool honey... :P

 
At 06 December, 2007 15:23, Blogger SignGurl said...

My doctor told me when I was 31 that I was peri-menopausal. I didn't even have wrinkles then.

 
At 06 December, 2007 18:51, Blogger Laura said...

pause. HAHAHAHA. what a ridiculous name.
now u can join my mom and dory on their hot flash adventures.
sitting in the corner. sweaty, fanning themselves with whatever is around. their faces gleam, with that telltale sweat...the sweat of....MENOPAUUUSEEEE!!

 
At 07 December, 2007 10:36, Blogger sassinak said...

sweetdoveherbs.com
changing woman tea

if your peri-ness comes with symptoms attached.

also? what a stupid fucking magazine name

 
At 14 December, 2007 18:00, Blogger Miss Awesome said...

I've always thought I had the best lady parts doctor. hmm...how sad to be wrong.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->