Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Bleah...

Of course. A three-day weekend, with time to do some things I've wanted to do for ages... and I'm sick. I suppose I should be grateful that my immune system held up through all the chaos at work -- I simply haven't had time to be sick -- but I'm annoyed that now that things have calmed down some and I have time for me again, it decides to let in the latest sinus/cold thing.

So I've spent this weekend watching loads of television, and I've come to a surprising conclusion about myself: I'm a prude. I don't understand how anyone can shove their tongues down the throat of someone they've just met.

Mind you, I'm not judging. I know I'm an oddball (for a million reasons, really) because I've never had a one-night stand. I applaud those of you who can just go out and get yours when you want to. What I'm saying is, I don't understand how you do that. I can't. Even kissing, to me, is pretty intimate...and I just can't go there with someone I don't know and trust.

And yeah, I realize what I'm seeing on TV are people who are trying to get as much TV time as possible. They've learned how to play that attention-getting game well. But even with that as my goal, I can't imagine walking up to some guy -- celebrity or no -- that I've just met and just start tonguing him. (And really, how does anyone kiss Flavor Flav? Is the draw of money and/or fame really enough to go there?? Bleeeaaagh.)

So I guess that makes me a prude.

10
At 17 February, 2008 17:30, Blogger Sturdy Girl said...

I'm exactly the same way. Maybe it's because we are passionate people? And save the intimate stuff for those we feel truly intimate with?

and also? I've never had a one night stand and as it turns out I have ended up married to everyone I've ever slept with...well, so far anyway.

just sayin'.

 
At 17 February, 2008 17:48, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

I don't think that's being a prude. It's called class, sister.

Flava Flav, New York, and Bret Michaels make me want to scrub my body with Chlorox and a wire brush. Those three are walking billboards for ack.

 
At 17 February, 2008 21:36, Blogger Jon said...

I'm a wannabe slut. What can I say?

 
At 17 February, 2008 21:50, Blogger terry said...

sturdy girl, thank you for that observation, about the passion and intimacy. that IS how i feel, actually.

buddha girl, NO KIDDING. they all ick me out !

jon, that's nothing i didn't already know... !

 
At 18 February, 2008 10:41, Blogger Foofa said...

I totally made out with randoms in my college years but not while other girls were trying to date them.

 
At 18 February, 2008 17:40, Blogger terry said...

natalie, that's totally normal. my college years were not, as i was already in a serious relationship. i missed some critical learning experiences, i think!!

 
At 19 February, 2008 06:17, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

Not a prude. Simply sane.

yeharr

 
At 20 February, 2008 13:44, Blogger Miss Awesome said...

It's my greatest goal in life to make out with Flava Flav. He's soooooo hot (in a nasty old wrinkled raisin that fell behind your couch and has been collecting dust for 3 years sort of way).

 
At 20 February, 2008 14:33, Blogger SignGurl said...

I have the same reaction to kissing on TV. Those VH1 shows are just train wrecks that I cannot turn away from even though they make me want to puke.

 
At 20 February, 2008 23:26, Blogger terry said...

pirate... me, sane? hahahahaha.

big momma, that's hilarious. your description of him is SPOT ON!

signgurl, i'm with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->