Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Hard to be a sourpuss today...


I'm supposed to be all bitter, right? Since it's Valentine's Day and I'm single? With no prospects?

I'm not.

I unexpectedly got to spend time with good friends over cocktails and snacks last night (the sure cure for what was ailing me after a loooong and taxing day at work).


This morning, as I arrived at work, I got a special Valentine from a former co-worker who, every V-Day, leaves boxes of See's Candies in the mailboxes of all the women he works with. He never leaves notes or calls attention to his generosity. He's completely stealthy about it, mysteriously distributing the chocolate in the wee hours of the morning. And I was thinking recently that since I'd changed jobs, I'd miss out on that lovely tradition this year.


I didn't. And I was touched. No, really. That was really sweet.


Then, I got upstairs to find that a current co-worker had treats for all of us. Yay! More chocolate!


My employers got everyone on staff a really, really nice gift: windbreakers with the company logo on them.


And then I came home to find this really cool Valentine from my pal Kim in my mailbox, complete with a temporary tattoo and everything!


I can't help but smile, despite the exhaustion of a stressful week (and a 4 a.m. wake-up call today!).


My heart feels very full. I hope yours does too.


XXXXOOOO


16
At 14 February, 2007 16:47, Blogger Laura said...

aww that sounds wonderful!
im happy for u!
bob is so so sweet, i love that he gives u all chocolates.
my post is about vday too!

 
At 14 February, 2007 16:53, Blogger Blondie said...

I lucked out and worked from home because of the storm, so I didn't have to watch flowers being delivered all day. I did go get the mail and find a valentine from Ma and Pa though--made my day. And Lost is on tonight, and that's really all that matters. :)

Happy Vday from one single chick to another!

 
At 14 February, 2007 17:21, Blogger Michelle said...

Well it sounds like you had a pretty good VD day!! :) Yay for chocolate!!! hehe

Happy Valentine's Day, Terry!! :)

 
At 14 February, 2007 17:34, Blogger terry said...

laura, isn't that sweet, what he does for us? i'm still amazed he was my cupid yet again, even though i'm not there anymore.

blondie, that's so sweet that your parents sent a valentine! (go check out laura's blog -- similar subject!)
and yaaay, lost is on! happy v-day to you, too.

chelle, it's been a lovely day, even with all the stress. happy v-day to you too!

 
At 14 February, 2007 18:55, Blogger Queen of Cheese said...

mmmmm SEES. hooray for Bob!!

I'm glad you had a great day. :o).

it's the POWER of LOVE ... doooot, doot doo, doot doo (Huey Lewis)

 
At 14 February, 2007 18:59, Blogger masgblog said...

My heart is very full (and so is my tummy from having Asian food...yum). But seriously, I am glad that people take the time to be unselfish, and think of others. That is a very kind thing to do.

Hapy Valentine's Day.....hope you don't have a caffeine hangover from the chocolate!

 
At 14 February, 2007 19:49, Blogger terry said...

cheese... i can't BELIEVE you threw huey lewis out there!

hahahahahahahahaha!

i hope you enjoyed your bob-given see's.

yay, masg, for yummy v-day dinners! and for loving behavior.

 
At 14 February, 2007 21:23, Blogger Shannon Morgan said...

Funny - I got a Scooby valentine today, too - my tattoo was the Mystery Machine :)

 
At 14 February, 2007 21:40, Blogger terry said...

nomadshan, mine's a really groovy looking heart with the word "love" in the middle.

when should i wear the tattoo?

 
At 14 February, 2007 22:25, Blogger Jon said...

Wear it tomorrow. Wear something low cut and have the tattoo just above your cleavage.

I'm just saying what I would appreciate

 
At 15 February, 2007 02:27, Blogger The Savage said...

Albeit belated... Happy VD to you too

 
At 15 February, 2007 03:23, Blogger The Savage said...

And I found this.. just cut and paste... http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070214/ap_en_tv/people_stephen_colbert

 
At 15 February, 2007 13:10, Blogger JMai said...

Aww, what a lovely Valentine's day, Terry! See, that's what it's all about. I'm so glad you had such a lovely day and so many thoughtful gifts and notes. And chocolate!!

My heart feels VERY full... go back to my haiku post for details -s-

 
At 15 February, 2007 16:21, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

Wow. See? THAT'S a great Valentine's day! SO happy for you!

HG gave me beautiful roses and took Buddha and I to this crazy hamburger joint that reminds me of White Castle. I haven't had those teeny burgers in YEARS and felt so nostalgic while knoshing with my two guys. Who needs a five star restaurant?

 
At 15 February, 2007 19:03, Blogger terry said...

jon, you're such a perv.

but i love that about you.

savage, thanks! and thanks for the colbert story! alas, i will not be able to have the sweet taste of liberty in my mouth, as it sounds like there's gluten in that there ice cream.

(insert pervy joke here.)

jmai, sounds like you're having a grand time as well!

bg, that sounds like a perfect vday to me.

 
At 16 February, 2007 14:13, Blogger Miss Awesome said...

Ohhh temporary tattoos are the best!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->