Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Friday, January 26, 2007

Another rockin' Friday night, Chez Dorky...

7 p.m.

Work clothes have been shed.

Make-up removed.

Pajamas and slippers already on.

Sushi dinner awaits in the kitchen.

Ahhhhh. I'm so pooped I might not get out of my PJs all weekend.

Oh, but wait... I need a new desk chair. I guess I have to dress and leave the house for that.

I leave you with this thought: why can't half the "chefs" on the Food Network OR Top Chef pronounce "chipotle" or "mascarpone" properly? So many of them say "chih-POLE-tay" or "MAR-scah-pone." Drives. Me. CRAZY.

That is all.

12
At 26 January, 2007 19:29, Blogger masgblog said...

I agree...if they're going to say something, they should at least pronounce it correctly. I wrote a post waaaay back on that...like nucular....*groan*

have a wonderful night in jammination land

 
At 26 January, 2007 19:29, Blogger terry said...

yes yes, nucular makes me crazy too!! aaaaaagh.

 
At 26 January, 2007 21:10, Blogger Shannon Morgan said...

"supposably", "acrosst", "jewlery".

And "ax" for "ask".

Ick, ick, ick, ick.

Have a good weekend!

 
At 27 January, 2007 00:20, Blogger Michelle said...

yeah..."prolly" would drive me crazy too....lol

 
At 27 January, 2007 05:52, Blogger JMai said...

Yes, and why can't Bret Favre pronounce his own name?

And to add to Nomad's list ... I can't stand "irregardless," or when people add an S to "anyway." And I have this one broker who always says "Well, what winded up happening was...." ... and every time I want to wind one up right in his face.

I'm violent about my speech and grammar, you see.

 
At 27 January, 2007 11:00, Blogger Jon said...

Jmai hit the one that bugs me the mostest :P

 
At 27 January, 2007 21:02, Blogger Unknown said...

"Calvary" instead of "Cavalry" is my bugger. Although it was odd when I went to a wedding today at a Calvary Church....felt like I was pronouncing it wrong....

 
At 28 January, 2007 08:34, Blogger sassinak said...

y'all hit all of mine...

but i will tell you terry? that's the perfect amount of cleavage, not too much at ALL

 
At 28 January, 2007 10:52, Blogger SignGurl said...

I'm still pissed that they kicked my boy Sam off Top Chef. I was sure he was going to win. I can't stand Marcell and because of that, I'm sure he will win :(

 
At 28 January, 2007 11:17, Blogger terry said...

another one... "real-a-tor..." for "realtor."

 
At 29 January, 2007 04:48, Blogger Blondie said...

We had the same Friday!! Yeah!!!!

 
At 30 January, 2007 18:47, Blogger Laura said...

I am not even eighteen and that sounds like such a perfect weekend to me. Seriously, at the end of my school week I am so fucking ready to stay in my house in pajamas all weekend. I think me you and my mommy should do that one weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->