Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Holy hamstrings, Batman!

Is this really only Wednesday? Good GOD, I'm fried. FRIED.

Work's been pretty nutty this week. It's inevitable, when you're in the middle of a special project, that all kinds of other issues and crises pop up.

And because of the holidays, the between-holiday bronchitis, and my trip to NYC, I've hardly hula'd in weeks. So this week's class was reeeeeeeally reeeeeeeeeeeally challenging, physically and mentally.

And my hamstrings are still screaming, two days later.

Luckily, I'm looking forward to indulging a very guilty pleasure on Friday night. I'll tell you all about it this weekend.

Heh.

(wasn't this a fascinating post?)

Oh! Wait! I forgot to tell you! Part of the reason I couldn't get to sleep in a timely manner after hula on Monday night was because of a very bizarre incident in my 'hood.

As I was lying in bed, trying to nod off, I noticed some weird loud buzzing noise from out on the street somewhere. It got to be so annoying that I actually dragged my tired ass out of bed to look out the window.

An overhead electric wire about halfway down the block was sparking and flaming. And it seemed like no one in the homes nearby had noticed. It sure looked scary to me. So I called 911, and luckily, the dispatchers were already aware that something was up and the fire department showed up a few minutes later. But not before the sparking got brighter and brighter, until there was an enormous pop and a bunch of lights nearby went out. I've never seen anything like it.

But aren't you proud that I didn't sleep through this one? Unlike this incident?

9
At 10 January, 2007 19:56, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

It's amazing how far things can get out of whack before we notice them.

yeharr

 
At 11 January, 2007 02:26, Blogger DZER said...

you should see a transformer explode on a concrete power pole ... happened right outside my apartment once ... the darkness and heat was not fun, but the explosion was cool ... heh

 
At 11 January, 2007 09:07, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

I had that very same wire thing happen on my street not too long ago. Freaked me OUT!

What are you doing this weekend? I gotta know!

 
At 11 January, 2007 15:01, Blogger SignGurl said...

I've had insomnia all week. I have no reason to. It totally sucks.

I can't believe that you slept through the other 2 incidents.

 
At 11 January, 2007 18:57, Blogger The Savage said...

Aint it awesome to have a paid off vehicle? I got two...
By the way.... I found this little gem on You Tube....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xElIik0Ys0&NR

you are gonna have to copy and paste but oh baby... it's funny

 
At 11 January, 2007 19:27, Blogger masgblog said...

and tomorrow is Friday...and I have tagged you...yet again...:-)

 
At 11 January, 2007 21:13, Blogger terry said...

pirate, that's a little alarming, actually.

especially when you're sleeping while many strangers are trudging through your apartment.

yikes, dzer... i think you're lucky that all you lost was power.

buddha girl, how weird is that? and tomorrow night? all i will say is this: "see i'm wise enough to know when a gift needs giving... and i've got just the one..."

signgurl, i know so many people with sleeping troubles it's not funny. and with all the recent craziness in your life, i'm not surprised you're not sleeping.

savage, that's funny. really funny. i even found myself singing the tune for awhile after i watched!
(and i'm sure you enjoyed all those cleavage shots...)

masg! i'll be sure to get to it this weekend.

 
At 12 January, 2007 22:28, Blogger sassinak said...

oh fuck that fire story? that made me howl and cackle and laugh at the top of my fricken lungs.

do standing rolldowns into hamstring stretches before class.

:)

 
At 13 January, 2007 08:26, Blogger Blondie said...

Note to self: always investigate the weird noise!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->