Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Oh...ma...gah...

I could have written this myself, if I were half as smart, eloquent, and insightful as she is...


(No, not the specifics of the situation... the theme. It's sooooo very familiar.)

8
At 06 January, 2007 14:56, Blogger JMai said...

That is a goodly post... that Sass,s he knows what's up. If only all the boys would catch on!

 
At 06 January, 2007 17:12, Blogger FATSO said...

Gah....one of my favourite words. My friend Richard used to use it in Physics class (check my blog for details...or not..)

I like to use it when I find myself stumped with something. (It happens...)

To acieve full effect, put your glasses on upside down. So, is this a dork syllable or what?

 
At 07 January, 2007 00:22, Blogger terry said...

jmai, amen to that.

fatso, "oh ma gah" is the lazy, socal slackjaw way of saying "oh my god."

but i do love "gah" in other contexts, too. it's so perfect in so many situations..

 
At 07 January, 2007 06:14, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

Then you may not have liked my response to it...

yeharr

 
At 07 January, 2007 11:41, Blogger terry said...

actually, pirate, i love hearing an intelligent man's thoughts on this subject.

i hate that it's treated as a game. why is it considered a weakness to be interested in someone? where's the defeat in "hey, would you like to have coffee sometime?" or for sass's guy to ask her to put her number in his datebook, in a light and funny way? that's the fundamental thing i don't get. even if the answer's no, it's over and done right then and there. nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

i've found myself in sass's situation countless times, and i've tended to step up and follow through, because, hell, it's not 1950. why can't a woman take the lead, even if just to get the ball rolling?

guess what? it never works. for me, anyway. either i'm completely misinterpreting all the flirting and touching, etc, or it freaks guys out for a woman to ask them out. for ME to ask them out. usually, they act all shocked that someone would have interpreted their behavior as flirtatious.

so i'm not playing anymore. anyone who's interested is going to have to ask me out. period.

i'm expecting to be dateless for the rest of eternity.

 
At 07 January, 2007 12:36, Blogger Natalia said...

Yeah...boys...ummm....yeah.

-N

 
At 08 January, 2007 10:44, Blogger sassinak said...

actually i found pirate and johnny's response really interesting... now to decide if i want to do that...

off to comment answer

oh and terry? thanks for the lovely words but PLEASE stop insulting yourself?

 
At 08 January, 2007 11:12, Blogger terry said...

sass, i thought their responses were interesting, too. i love that your post prompted an interesting discussion.

did i insult myself?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->