Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Monday, December 11, 2006

That's better...

Whew. At least the chaos is more controlled now. There's only one pile on the table,and it's much, much smaller. I still need a new wine rack, but that's going to have to wait until after Christmas.


Please ignore that whitish smudge on the placemat. I had 5000 pounds of laundry to do last week. Do you think I wanted to add to that, for some friggin' placemats? That I couldn't even see until I cleaned last night??

I'm starting to feel much more human again, though I slept so late Saturday and Sunday that I couldn't sleep last night, so now I'm not sure I should go to hula tonight... as that's another late night... and I don't want to relapse. But I've missed two weeks already, and if I miss more, I feel like I'll be hopelessly lost.

I'm leaving for New York in a week! Eeeek! I have so much to do before then! This happens to me every year. I get sick, so I lose track of time and don't get to do all the holiday stuff I'd like. Good thing Mom and I called off the majority of the gift-giving a few years ago. The season's a lot less stressful that way.

I'd like to think our New York trip is this year's big present. And I'd like to make travel a regular holiday gift...

7
At 11 December, 2006 19:03, Blogger Blondie said...

Look at you go!!!! Yeah!!!! It looks lovely. I'm surprised you had the energy since you have been sick. It's OK to skip the hula--you need to get better. Just lie on the couch and shake your hips a little.

That sounds dirtier than I meant it to.

 
At 11 December, 2006 19:08, Blogger terry said...

blondie, that sounded SO dirty...!! but i laughed out loud. and then coughed. so maybe i should skip tonight and go to the thursday class... craaaap.

i'm going to miss next week too, because of noo yawk!

you'd have been proud -- i actually cleaned the whole apartment. and boy, did it need it. bleh.

 
At 11 December, 2006 19:15, Blogger terry said...

and thank you for not pointing out the white schmutz on the placemat...

 
At 11 December, 2006 19:51, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

I'm the farthest thing from gay but I think that's a really nice purse.

yeharr

 
At 11 December, 2006 20:20, Blogger terry said...

pirate.... it's from target!

thank you. and for the laugh, foo.

 
At 11 December, 2006 21:20, Blogger Jon said...

Way to go on the cleaning. I am glad you are feeling better. A trip to New York sounds like fun.

How big of a wine rack are you needing?

 
At 14 December, 2006 18:20, Blogger Blondie said...

I'm hoping you are feeling even better now!

I can't click on the link in the new post because I'm afraid it might be a video and that would send my computer into the downword spiral of System Failure, so I'm just going to comment here again. :) :) :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->